Mine Ride in 2003

I heard that something is different on Mine Ride this year, but I don't know what (besides the air gates, which I think are new). I did notice on my only ride this season though, that it seemed slower than usual. Did anyone else notice this, or am I just imagining things?

-Sam
------------------
Avalanche Run - My first Roller Coaster.
Magnum XL-200 - The BEST Roller Coaster!

Note to Jeff: If this thread is bad, please make sure it's DELETED! and not my account.

I think they added thicker padding or more padding to the seats of the ride. Some were complaining that they were having an even more difficult time getting the lapbar down. I think that's what's different. I'm not totally sure. Hope this helps a little.

------------------
and remember, if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Yeah, they did. It hurts going up the hill as well. In fact, it made CCMR a semi-painful ride to be on.

------------------
2003 Stats - Visits: 1
TTD:1 MF:2 Mag:1 WT:1 MS:3 Raptor:0 Mantis:0 Gemini:1 DT:1 CCMR:1 CS:1 ID:1 WC:1 BS:1

The "padding" that they added is total BS. Not only does it raise and push riders forward about an extra inch ultimately allowing a smaller variety of body sizes to fit in the train, but it also hurts

The "padding" (which is about as soft as a fully inflated radial car tire) only covers a small portion of the average rider's back, their butts slip back below the padding and their shoulder blades/upper back slip back above the padding. In effect the padding is creating unwelcomed pressure in the lumbar area of the back. This is actually painful on the dips and turns.

Cedar Point has managed, again, to "improve" a ride, with no rhyme or reason, and make it almost unbearable for riders.

List of things to be removed from the park:

* The TTD Wall

* CCMR's "padding"

Add to the list as you so desire.

------------------
- John
Support Rob in theGreat DDR Challenge!

While we're complaining about coaster seat padding, can we throw in the Mean Streak and Blue Streak seat backs as well?

How about the new shoulder bars on Corkscrew added either last year or the year before that make it impossible to squeeze your arm between the bar and the outside of the car? Those should go, too!

A fully inflated radial tire? I thought the new Mine Ride seat "cushions" had all the resilience of CONCRETE. Honestly, on that ride, it would be far more comfortable if they would just go the Six Flags route and simply remove the seat pads entirely, making us sit on the bare gelcoat. It really is awful.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
*** This post was edited by RideMan 5/19/2003 8:56:28 AM ***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service