Millennium belts 2008

Well, you knew it was comming.

How are the belts on Millie this year? Longer? Shorter? About the same?

Relly, the only thing I want to know is if the test seat belts are the same as the train.

Stupid Question time. If you fit on say the "yellow" train, but not the "blue" train, can you wait for a particular train?

you could let people go infront of you, especialy if you see me;)

Platinum passholder '09. Rides so far this year on -MF-3-TTD-5-mav.-3- my car to the point-2

http://www.coastercounter.com/Dakotagoalie54

:( I wish they will be longer when I get there, I could fit in them last year, but barely.

Cedar Point is undoubtedly amazing.

Ive lost weight, so I dont know if I can say for sure but I will say this:

MF belts are longer then TTDs this year. I had no problem buckling MF's, TTD, I had a little bit of difficulty, but I definatly had an "old" belt on TTD.

Belts on Millennium Force are *different* this year. They are made out of the same material as most of the other belts in the park now, instead of that strange thick knobby webbing that they used to use. I'm guessing this will make adjustments easier.

Length seems to be "about the same".

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

I did notice that them belts are new. :)

yes i used to only get about 2 inchs of slack on them now i can get about five.

Here Come the Irish!

I thought they were longer last year than they had been
in a few years. Are they even longer this year?

So, Did they change the test seat belt also?

Last year I was 3" short of buckling my belt on the Millenium Force but fit in the Dragster. This year I fit in the test seat AND on the ride. The belts are BRAND NEW, or so they appear, and fit just as well as the test seat. They're about the same as Dragster's, or at least where I was sitting they were.

So yes, the test seat is the same as the seat itself. I have a 44" waist, and I still had about 1/4" of slack if that helps.

Last edited by SadisticSarah,

I thought they were longer this year.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

I used to get about a inch of slack last year. This year, I had about 4 inches. I commented to my wife about it as soon as we buckled in and she said the same thing.

The belts did seem a bit long...

The belts seem a lot longer this season. Last season I got a few inches of slack, and I had maybe 6 inches of slack when I rode on opening day and Sunday. And I didn't lose weight in the offseason.

1,146 rides on Raptor. Three rides in 2009.

I was just curious in how much slack you had to have in order to ride?

When it started in 2004 you needed to have 2" of slack. When I worked at MF in 2006, it was 1/2" of slack. I didn't get a chance to visit last season so I don't know if they eliminated the rule entirely since then.

2005 - Snake River Falls
2006 - MF, WT, CCMR (and pretty much everything else...)
2007 and beyond - Disney

Actually when it started, you had to have 1". Then they
changed in to a half inch a couple years later. As far as
I know, it's still a half inch.

The belts that are on the trains this year are the same ones that were beginning to replace the old ones last year. They simply swapped out all the rest... I rode in several different seats and finally, all seats seem to have the same length of belt.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Anyone know if someone who is 6'2" tall with a 42" waist will fit?

Depends on how big you are around the hips. Waist size
doesn't matter as much.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service