Millennium and Dragster seat belts 2012

tcgolfer, :) - In my head Snake River Falls was great, I didn't even get wet...:) I just spun and spun and spun, just like I was riding Tilt-a-whirl instead. :) Got about 10 photos of Snake just sitting there tho.:)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

caffeine_demon said:

PB-Reader said:
Already mentioned it earlier in this forum, I wear size 42 pants, I am a 41 waist, 40 pants are too tight, 42 pants are loose. I am 5 ft 11 in, 235lbs.

oops - didn't spot that one! I should be ok - hovering about 38-40

Assuming my UK size 38-40 are similar to your US size 40-42...

Although what would be really awesome is if someone could get a measurement of the max girth allowable by the belts...

It really just depends on how you carry your weight. With how you have to turn your body to fasten the belt, it can be a pain. I can get it buckled, but if the ride op gets to me before I get it, I just have them do it while I do whatever I have to do to make it easier for them to fasten.

Avoid bulky clothes, I sometimes battle my shirt getting in between the male and female parts of the buckle.

Last edited by JW Addington,

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

There is a home test you can do, though I don't remember the specifics of it. Maybe someone else does. Its not 100% accurate, but will give you a good idea of whether you will fit or not before you get to the park.

Does anyone know how much shorter the belts are now compared with when the rides opened?

"Zee beltz...zey arrre exaktly ze same length as zey haf alvayz been."

(This is, of course, also true for Magnum. And the Blue Streak has had orange lap bars since the day it opened.)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

They seemed about the same to me, I lost weight and I had about 3-5 inches of slack on most, as where last year only like an inch at most. So I'm guessing close to the same. I know I didn't think Magnum was bad either.

Magnum has had most of the seat belts replaced this year, and there is a considerable length difference between the new and the old. There were some big people riding last weekend, that had a specific amount of seats they could actually fit in, while the others weren't even close.

I finally found an online pic of the MF test seat.

http://ptreport.thrillnetwork.net/cp03/images/mftestseat.jpg

The belt looks plenty long enough - but I guess it's an out of date pic....The belt looks plenty long enough - but I guess it's an out of date pic.... would that be right?

Last edited by caffeine_demon,

I'm not sure the date of the pic is relevant. There were no need for test seats prior to 2004, so even if that picture is old, if anything the belt will be shorter than it is currently.

Also, it depends on how big you are and where your weight is carried. For some, that belt is plenty long. For others, not so much.

We rode Dragster for the Travel Channel shoot, and my wife, who lost weight over the winter, said the belt seemed shorter this summer, enough to be noticeable. We rode Millennium Force later in the day, and seemed the belts were shorter on it as well (rode back seat yellow train that ride).

One of the few Mean Streak lovers left in the world.

I am a female, size 18 and was quite saddened when I went to get in line for Millennium and an employee asked me to try the test seat. It was too small. By a lot. My size 12 friend said she had trouble getting it closed. Ok, now I understand if I can't ride, I am rather large, but a size 12? Seriously? Dragster was also very short, didn't fit me by 3 or more inches. This was my first time trying to ride either of these so I'll never know the joys of them. =(

And just to confirm, the ride op standing outside MF asked if I had ridden it this year because the belt was shorter. So they are officially shorter.

Last edited by angirl013,

After reading this thread I'd have to say I'm a bit worried! Never been to CP but headed there this weekend. The only park I've been to recently to compare would be KI--can anyone give some ideas about what rides at KI might be a guideline for whether you would have trouble on these rides at CP?

I've found most of the belts on MF are about the same length, I can easily buckle the belt, and have maybe 1-2 inches to spare, however, on the Ride Night last Friday, Red Train, Car 4, right side, the belt was huge. I had at least 4-5 inches to spare. I had to check to make sure it was still anchored in the car.

I found the Red Train to have longer belts on many seats but the last seat was the longest with nine inches to spare on my 34 inch waist.

They are the same as last year. Not sure about the red train though. I'm curious if there is really a difference, or if this is just speculation so far.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

No speculation from me. Had many rides during the Ace Spring Conference and the Blue and Yellow Trains belts were not as long.

I know that this isn't a MF or TTD issue, but are the seat belts on the other Intamin, Wicked Twister, shorter this year or different lengths depending on the seat? The other day was the first time I didn't fit. While I was bummed, I did take note that I was not sitting in my usual seat (last row, right seat) and the belt was a good 1-2" from even touching the buckle. I double checked with the test seat after and the harness was hitting my shoulders first, which has never happened before which I also thought was kinda weird. Keep in mind I've ridden this ride every year, 15-20x per, and my weight has actually fallen from its highest 3 seasons ago, though recently i may have bulked up some in the chest. Also, another reason I was shocked was that I had just ridden Possessed at Dorney the week prior with no issues what-so-ever. Any body have any issues thus far this season on WT?

I rode MF twice on Sunday (6/3)...Red 5-1 right and Yellow 4-2 left. I pulled at least 2 inches of slack in the red seat but less than 1 in the yellow. A riding companion was asked to try the test seat out front and barely got it to close only to go to Red 5-1 left and be able to pull at least an inch on it. "Standard length" my eye. They did appear to be new belts across the board.

FASCINATION (1955-2000): It *was* the game--the ONLY game--I came to Cedar Point to play

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service