Magnum XL-200

Does anyone know what the XL-200 stands for? I'm guessing it has something to do with 200 feet but that's all I know.

Xtremely Large 200?

The "XL" in Magnum XL-200 stands for the xerothermic layer...which is the layer of the earth that has been shifting, causing the Magnum to sink.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

I thought MF was sinking? ;)

And I thought TTD was sinking?

-Sam

John McCain: The Ride

Being Mavericky since 2007!

What, is there quicksand beneath CP or something. Maybe that's why Boeckling got it for $250,000. What a rip off!

Xtra Large

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

I always figured it was because it was the first coaster to "EXCEL" past the 200 foot barrier.

The 200 means 200ft tall and the XL stands for Extra Large (Like T-shirts that have XL on the tag, mean Extra Large )

"Baby I'm ready to go!" Dragster 2004

HA I was right

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

You sure? I always thought it was "Excel", because if you say it out loud, it sounds like Magnum "Excel" 200. As in excelling 200 feet, which is what it does. :)

Top Five:
1)TTD 2)MF 3)Magnum 4)Raptor 5)WT

That's what I thought, like it's larger than 200 ft. XL- as in over 200.

-S. Eagle *** Edited 12/22/2004 12:57:47 AM UTC by sean_s_eagle***

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

XL- sounds like "excel." Magnum excels 200 feet
XL- Short for "Extra Large"

I'm going with "excel."

Yeah, excel just sounds cooler!

Kinzel thought it was a bad design that came from Arrow, but the board thought differently and decided to build it anyway. Kinzel had absolute power over naming so he got the last laugh because it really means Magnum Xtra Lame 200.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Wow, that one is out there.

XL stands for extra large, just like XL t-shirts...end of discussion.

JuggaLotus, your rendition of the story is neither amusing nor accurate at all.

-Gannon
-B.S. Civil Engineering, Purdue University

NO WAY!, I thought he was completely serious.*rolls eyes*

this is a topic that can be argued about for hours, I guess everyone has their own theory, its just like asking what 12E stands for...

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I still think that CP should sue the Trogan condom folks for blatantly ripping that name off! ;)

Millennium Force Laps-168
**Vertigo Launches-21**
Dragster Launches-52

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service