Magnum XL 200

I have been going to Cedar Point for the past 10 years and through those years I have seen the color on Magnum fade more and more. I think if they are already repainting Mantis they should repaint the older rides. A fresh new dark red would make it look so much cooler.
It would be a shocker if Magnum got a completely new color. I think green would look cool, like Phantom's Revenge. I believe I've heard that Magnum is next in line for a paint job, probably during this winter.

------------------
Egg nog... how'd they think that up?
"I want to get a little drunk... but I also want some pankcakes."

Nah, please don't change the color. Just paint it back to red. :)

------------------
-Eric
"Keep on rockin' in the free world!"

I bet they will paint both Magnum and Iron Dragon in the offseason. Both are nearlly the same color, if not, and both are fading badly. The sea gulls don't help either ;)

------------------
http://said.uc.edu/students/oakleysd/cp/CP.jpg
Now tell me Cedar Point is running out of space.

Changing colors is nice and all for little rides like Wildcat, but we definitely don't need any of that going on with the big ones.

------------------
CP 2K3: 15
"What are you, a dentist? Or a hippie? Or some kind of hippie dentist?" - Strongbad

Dragon and Magnum's colors are not even close. Dragon's red is more of a brick red, while Magnum has more of an orange flair to it.
Changing the clolors of Magnum, or any other of the big rides wouldn't be cool. It'd change the skyline. :O

------------------
Courage is not the absence of fear. It is over comming it.

Magnum is Orange. I asked at the first Q&A session during CoasterMania this year

------------------
I own you!

Well then if they do change the color, change it to red. ;)

------------------
-Eric
"Keep on rockin' in the free world."

Had to dig this one up...

The answer officially released here.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Its about time! There was a sale at Home Depot on Moly Orange paint.

I thought the main part of the ride being painted last year was big enough hint that it would get finished this year. Walt even has pictures.

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?a=386 *** Edited 1/26/2006 12:26:02 AM UTC by Gomez***

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

They did also mention back in the late summer or early fall that they would finish repainting the ride this offseason... *** Edited 1/26/2006 12:40:58 AM UTC by DBCP***

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Did they paint any of the silver supports last year? I know there painting them now.

They painted the main column supports on the front/back end of the ride (supports near station), but not the lattice box structure on the lift and bunny hills and wherever else it's used.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Now here's my question...

Last year I noticed that the support columns on the midway (the only part of Magnum's support structure that obviously got painted last year) were NOT painted silver, but rather were painted grey.

So is the rest of the structure going to be painted grey, or silver?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Gray? I thought they looked siver enough.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Grey does come off as silver if you stand back from it far enough.

When Maggie first opened the supports looked very shiny. *** Edited 1/27/2006 3:08:47 PM UTC by Coastern3rd***

Holy Post Revival Batman!

-Evan Hendrick

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service