Kinzel to retire at end of 2007 season

I can't believe no one has mentioned this here yet, but this story about Kinzel's retirement is on Virtual Midway. It'll be sad to see him go, he's responsible for why CP is the amazing place it is today. I am personally thankful for what he's done and wish him the best of luck in retirement.

------------------
-Chris Woodard
Who the Millennium Force ride ops made a special announcement for when he took his 100th ride on 8/12/03.

There are a lot of people who are responsible for why CP is the amazing place it is today. There is no disputing that Kinzel has been a fine CEO and has led the company to tremendous growth but there are plenty of people who work for him who have been just as critical in the success of the operation. In some aspects I would argue that those people succeeded in spite of the leadership.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out for his replacement. They could go with Bruce Jackson, CFO who has to be credited with much of the success of the park acquisitions. Dan Keller has to be a front-runner as GM of Cedar Point.

Well, we have almost 4 years to watch how things unfold.

------------------
"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful plance in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

Bet he goes out with a bang.

------------------
http://said.uc.edu/students/oakleysd/cp/CP.jpg
Now tell me Cedar Point is running out of space.

Or, he just wants to make sure TTD is running well before he retires. Just kidding.

A lot can happen in four summers.

------------------
"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful plance in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

4 years huh...Gives me time to polish up the old resume:)

It is AMAZING to see how far CP has grown under Mr. Kinzel's watch. It should be an exciting final few years.

My vote is for Jack Falfus. I know he doesn't want to leave SoCal and I don't blame him.

You know after building Magnum, Millennium Force, and Top Thrill Dragster you gotta wonder what he has up his sleeve for a grand finale?

------------------
Dan Haverlock
TTD Rollbacks 0 For 14
"get a job man!"

4 years? That sounds like enough time for a coaster or two...or three...or fo--okay okay :)

I sure hope he goes out with a bang though.

------------------
...and the most anticipated event of summer 2003 is...

The Matrix: Reloaded!

You don't think Falfas would leave S. Cal. in order to be CEO? Come on. He still has a great deal of family in Ohio too. I don't think he would be considered a front-runner right now but who knows?

------------------

Dan is on the right track.. but one must also remember.

There was an interview with Mr. Kinzel in the Register when the whole parking tax thing happened where he stated he will keep Cedar Fair in Sandusky because of family and he loves the area but, he couldn't speak for the next CEO.. ;)

------------------
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82

So does this mean that he is going to put that huge lake-front home up for sale after he retires? Either that, or he will continue to see C.P.'s massive parking lot every time he looks out his living room window. It was mentioned before that he purchased that home to be able to monitor the C.P. traffic and consequently the amount of guests visiting the park on any given day.
Kinzel told the Register he won't leave Sandusky after his retirement because of his family.

------------------
Walt Schmidt
Virtual Midway

Remember Bart K still works at the park and Judy K is also a very active part of the charitable side of the park.

------------------
Dan Haverlock
TTD Rollbacks 0 For 14
"get a job man!"

Too bad to see him go. And so suddenly (ha!)! That only gives me 4 years to climb the ranks of Cedar Fair! :)

------------------
"I can't make a movie or write a song either, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to think they suck."
-Jeff

Dragster: 3 Force: 8 Twister: 9 Raptor: 9 Magnum: 16

I think it will be interesting to see how he finishes his run...2007 matches up nice with CP's former policy of adding a ride every other year, and if I was Kinzel I'd want to go out with one last bang.

------------------
CP 2K3: 15
"No for real, the poopsmith is a good guy. He's just got a crappy job..." -homestar runner

He'll go out with a bang alright. His plan is to acquire all of Six Flags' park's by 2007. ;)
------------------
Race for the Sky. :::::::::::::9

Bart K. will not be the CEO of Cedar Fair.

------------------

Of course not, they just mentioned his name and Judy because they still have positions at the park so it wouldn't make sense for Kinzel to up and leave Sandusky without them.

------------------
...and the most anticipated event of summer 2003 is...

The Matrix: Reloaded!

Judy doesn't have a position at the park, but she does have a train engine named after her.

------------------

2007 might make for an interesting season. It'd be nice to see him go out after a new coaster that is labeled as "the shot that's heard around the world."

------------------
AKA Cobraroller on Cbuzz

So is someone else appointed the position of CEO or is it simply a moving up in ranks?

------------------
Ohio State, here I come!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service