Iron Dragon 2012

Haven't heard any comments so far on the changes to Iron Dragon's queue this year or if it will return to 3 train operation? Anyone have any news?

I believe the queue is just one switchback and thats it, nothing else really. Not sure what you were looking for there. People have already mentioned on here that Iron Dragon was operating with 3 trains.

Iron Dragon was operating with 3 trains on Opening Day.

The queue was a tad smaller and the entrance was moved over to the left, towards the exit.

I was surprised to see 3 trains, as I'd figured the third had been picked apart for parts by now.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Just reminded me since I saw the Iron Dragon 2012 thing, wanted to say I miss the silverish supports, it fit the train color better I think, it looks strange, and too similar of colors surrounded by Mantis and Dragster, but I don't care either way that much, just my opinion.

I agree on the colors. Something more distinctive and in keeping with the namesake of the ride would be better.

Brandon

It was nice to see 3 trains running again. I forgot how much I missed being on the second lift hill and seeing the other train just cresting the first lift hill.

I was impressed with the 3 train operation on Sunday. No way did the crowd justify it. I assume they were doing it for the crews' benefit to give them additional real life practice time.

^ I think you're right. It was dead yesterday, but it looked like just about every ride was running max trains. When we rode the Monster, they were running 8 arms, two cars per arm. Last year when it was dead, however, theyul would run only 4 arms, but all the cars would be occupied.

Glad to hear it is running 3 trains again! That new queue is clearly inadequate if they don't.

I agree that too that the new color scheme (since Dragster was built) just doesn't seem right...they must have had left over yellow paint that year, lol.

Good to hear others miss the old paint too, I mean, it's brighter more attractive, it's just so are the other 2 coasters next to it :) but the trains just don't look like they fit, I am glad to hear about 3 trains though!

They were running eight sweeps on Monster?

That's a pretty cool trick, considering that the ride only has six! :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

What about Corkscrew and Mean Streak? Weren't they only running 2 trains for part or all of last season?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Mean streak was 2 trains last year, but this year it is running all 3. Not sure about Corkscrew.

RideMan said:

They recoverd the 2 that flew into the lake years ago and put them back on. ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Corkscrew was running 2 trains Saturday and Sunday.

Iron Dragon was running three trains when I was there Sunday.

Hooray for 3 trains!

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

RideMan said:

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

You're right, but you know what I meant. They were loading/ unloading the Monster like they do when it's 100% full, not 20%.

Aaronosmer said:
Mean streak was 2 trains last year, but this year it is running all 3. Not sure about Corkscrew.

Mean Streak ran 3 trains last season starting Memorial Day weekend. 2010 was when we only ran 2.

08 -Thunder Canyon, 09 - Maverick, 10 - Mean Streak, 11 & 12 - Mean Streak ATL, 13 - Maverick TL

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service