I-280 pain in my poo

Okay I know there was a similar thread about the topic BUT this one is for all you other Michiganders. I'm going to CP in october. I doubt i-280 will be open but hoping. I just recently talked to 2 of my friends who went to CP and didnt know it was closed. they said they got all mixed up and backwards following a million signs saying "to i-280". I don't want to be all caught up in that.

So if your from the Metro Detroit area taking 96 to 275 to 75 to I-280 to 2, then SPEAK up and lwt me and others know the esiest way to go thru all that. I dislike the turnpike so no thats not an option.

<3 me

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

As of right now, Southbound 280 is open. It's just the Northbound you have to worry about.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Get off at the 280 exit anyway, even though there's like 50 signs that say it's closed. the road is not blocked off, so you can still go through. What it does is it leads you to Front Street, and then you just follow the signs back to 280.

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

"pain in my poo?"

Sounds like you should ask a doctor rather than some Cedar Point enthusiasts.

MOO!!!

rofl!!!!

"pain in my poo?"

Sounds like you should ask a doctor rather than some Cedar Point enthusiasts.

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

Sounds like she's gotta stop eating the spicy food! :)

I take the same way you do.

Just take 75 all the way to the turn pike and avoid any further messes or detours. Much less hassle but it will add 15 minutes to your drive.

Yeah, the TPike is the way to go... very easy and not much longer at all.

Whats so bad about the TPike Ivy?

Brandon

I just like "the view". I took the turnpike to CP with my family since I was a kid, but I just always preferred rt. 2. I could probibly have more fun with the truckers on the T-pike, but I do prefer 2. Maybe I dont really have enough reasons why though.

P.S. I just thought of a reason: It reminds me of when I worked at CP I would always take 2 to get there. MEMORY LANE i guess

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

And now for another reminder of the bholcomb trusty way to Cedar Point ;)

Take I-75 to Exit 202A (I believe thats the number. It's the one for Fifth Third Park, and it says DOWNTOWN. it's a 2 lane exit) and take that road, make a right at the fork, which is Washington.

Take that up till it dead ends at a light which is SR-51. Make a right. Follow 51 signs over the suspension bridge. Then you'll have to make a left after the bridge about 3/4 of a mile which is clearly marked as SR-2.

As of right now, 280 is open Southbound from I-75 to Navarre.
*** Edited 8/25/2005 6:38:05 PM UTC by bholcomb***

Thanx. Sounds like you know it well. One more question. You say its open southbound. I cant remember which direction am I headed? North or south to go to CP.

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

You'll be headed southbound on your way to Cedar Point. So you will be able to go Southbound on I-75 out of Detroit to I-280 South to Navarre Ave/OH-2. On the way home, you'll have to take the said above route back.

What you will want to do is continue westbound on OH-2 when you reach I-280, and take it all the way up to OH-51/OH-2. There will be a right turn, which still keeps you on 2. You will go through 2 or 3 lights, and go over the suspension bridge over the Maumee River.

Once you reach the other side, go through the first light, and make a right at the second light. They are only about 20-40 yards apart. That is OH-51. Take OH-51 down to the next light which is Washington. Make a left.

Take Washington down about 6 or 7 lights until you see the signs for Northbound I-75 (not to be confused with the ones you'll see for Southbound I-75) and make a left. It'll drop you right out onto the freeway.

The turnpike features too many cops, involves paying money, and is a good 15-20 miles out of the way. Take Bholcomb's route, that's how I go and it is a very easy to follow route.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

thankyou all thankyou very much. NOW IM HYPE!

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

The best way is to avoid downtown, the turnpike, and all the nonsense. As bholcomb said, SB 280 is open so it'll be smooth sailing on your way there.

The difference is in the return trip. On your way home via route 2, make a right on Curtice Rd. Curtice is the first light after the 2 lane section ends. Go no more than 2 miles to the next major intersection, Corduroy Rd., and turn left. Follow this until it ends and merges with Front Street, veer left. Within a 1/4 mile you will be able to get on NB 280 on the right side. This puts you on NB 280 just above the closure, therefore allowing you to go right to I-75. Quick, easy, and most definitely not out of the way.

The reverse works well too just in case SB 280 is forcing traffic off at Front St. like in July. In fact since discovering this route I've been using it even after they reopened SB 280 just because it avoids all the Oregon traffic and is therefore faster.

Well I don't think I'll be too worried about traffic as I'll be leaving past 11pm or later on friday.

"Mean Streak crew 2004"

280 is ususally closed at front street. This isn't a problem though. All you have to do is get off on front street, and get right back on. Very simple.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service