Hildebrandt tweets - 2012 additions cont

The tweets for new additions for 2012 continue!

CPGMJohn: We're putting in over 2,900 new electronic lockers at CP and SC for 2012. Our guests will enjoy the improved service. (about 1 hour ago from web)

Last edited by Bill02,

Great Idea...I think the electric lockers are the best. I'm assuming these are like the ones they have at the Universal Parks, where it scans your fingerprint for locking and unlocking time (this may also mean the first 30 minutes free as they do at the Universal Parks). I'm excited to see how this works out.

Yay! No more dollar coins! :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I spent 5 minutes at Universal trying to remember which locker was mine:( Sometimes having a key is a good thing.

Don't you get a reciept with a number on it?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

No you do not. It should have told you what locker you had when you put your finger on the scanner. That's what it did for us last week at Islands of Adventure.

I'm really looking forward to this season!

Let's Get Weird.

The lockers could be like those at Wildwater Kingdom where you swipe your credit card or have exact change at the kiosk. You enter a the code you want and it gives you a locker number.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Universal gives you some grace time with the lockers. So, if the ride wait time is not excessive, you can get in and out of the lockers for free.

Hopefully CP would do the same.

I hope they do the Universal thing with the lockers. I can only imagine that getting rid of the bins on Magnum, Raptor, Maverick, etc... will only reduce guest load time. This will make it easier to hit interval, and improve wait times for all. Those bin locations get so congested it would be nice to see them go.

Id like to think that too but what happens when people sneak on items and then we have to wait for them to be told they cant ride with it... how much longer will that add. Id love for the wait time to be decreased by not having bins but I just dont think it is feasible.

I'm really really hoping we see electronic wait time signs in the next couple years. With the new Fast Lane and Mr. Ouimet being from Disney and him wanting the park to have more technology, I'm very hopeful we'll see electronic wait time signs.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Hopefully, the ones near Shoot the Rapids will give some free time for lockers. I always can't ride because some of the hosts (not all) do not allow riders to put loose articles on the shelves. It would be cool if there were some way to have a digital queue system and locker system to sync with each other. This could allow free lockers to riders.

What's with all this "free" talk? Isn't this a Cedar Point discussion forum? Free? Free? ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Universal's would give you one free use of a locker for ten minutes longer than the ride's wait time. The Harry Potter ride's wait time was 30 minutes so the locker gave us 40 minutes to get our stuff. After that one use you had to pay. It was very nice, however I don't see Cedar Fair giving the free option. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Yeah me neither. They are not Universal. Just hope that it costs $1 instead of $5.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

TheHSBR said:
Id like to think that too but what happens when people sneak on items

I hadn't thought about that. The Universal-style would at least reduce the number of people needing the bins.
If the decide to keep the bins, rather than free lockers, I would at least like to see them add a bin near the back of the station for rides like Magnum. Putting the bin right at the exit where all the people leaving the ride make it difficult for those loading to access the bins to put their stuff in.

Hildebrandt didn't tweet this, but Kings Island's VP and GM just tweeted that they will be having fresh, never frozen, hamburgers along with many other different food options. I have no reason to believe this won't come along to Cedar Point as well.

Ouimet is the bomb. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Oiumet mentioned that the food will be upgraded system wide in the Fun Forward presentation.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Fresh never frozen? We're getting a Wendy's?!

In all seriousness, I hope they're getting rid of the bins at rides to. At Twister, we never had too many problems with guests taking forever with their loose articles since the shelves take up the whole platform, but that isn't realistic with other coasters such as Magnum, Raptor, Mantis, and Maverick since they have more than 1 train. Since I only know area 1, I know Raptor would deeply appreciate these kind of lockers to help with load times!

I like the idea a few posts above me about the electronic wait times. I think EPCOT is the only park I have been to with a sign like this...

http://albums.mouseplanet.com/WDWEpcotFutureWorldProcessed/EP_FW_ne...newsom.jpg

I think there should be a few of this located around the park to allow guests to see what the wait times are without having to walk all the way over to the ride. This would mainly benefit the people without smart phones, because didn't Ouimett say that you will eventually be able to check wait times on your smart phones?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service