Getaway Guide 2005

Just got my copy in the mail today (4/12/05). Not really all that much different from last year's edition except in the photographs used. The cover shows the Raptor in its barrel-roll, Power Tower with the space-shot car near the top and Dragster with the train going over the top. Also, there is a $22.95 admission coupon for Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom in the coupon section.

*** Edited 4/12/2005 11:44:34 PM UTC by Raptor0137***

Do all Getaway Guides get sent out at the same time? I haven't received mine yet.

October 13 - Finally!

Top Thrill Dragster - 15
Millennium Force - 15

I hope that I recieve mine before opening day.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Got mine today.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Got mine today too.

Darn it, still nothing...

Still waiting here, but maybe it's because I already have booking at LP 5/13-5/15. Dunno.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

I just went out to check for mail and i said to myself "I can feel it, today is the day to get my Getaway Guide" and sure enough, there it was sitting in my mailbox!

Seeing as I live in Canada, I order the Canadian Getaway Guide and the cover is different from the American one. Ours shows Mantis, Power Tower, a bit of CP & LE, and some of Iron Dragon. It shows mostly Mantis. Personally I like this one much more because it is much more colourful and it has a lot of trees in it.

EDIT: Just realized that they just add on a new cover over top of the regular American one for Canadians, so I still also have the cover with Raptor, Dragster, and Power Tower.
*** Edited 4/15/2005 3:47:26 PM UTC by Vince982***

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Still waiting for mine.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

Is the pricing structure different for the Canadian version? In other words, are the prices listed as Canadian instead of U.S. dollars? Otherwise, what would be the reason for a having two nearly identical, but different Getaway guides?

And for those of you that either live too close to Cedar Point or live too far to receive a Getaway Guide, you can always pick one up at the Guest Services office directly to the right of the main entrance gates

The Canadian one just has an extra page stapled on the outside with a different cover that says "Look inside for special savings for Canadians" and there are 7 extra "Save $12 on a Funday ticket" coupons. And instead of saying US Postage Paid it says Canada Post Postage Paid. So it's the same as an American guide, just with that extra page on the outside. All prices are still in American dollars.

Just got mine, and it's exactly as listed above (Canadian version). We get both $9 off Funday tickets and $12 off Funday tickets coupons.

Raptor0137: The pricing stucture is exactly the same, in $US.

Why do Canadians get more discounts then we do. The only reason I can think of is you ice skate better. Well give you back Avril and Celine(Simple Plan for that matter)if you give us back hockey.
*** Edited 4/15/2005 11:22:26 PM UTC by BongKong***

Blame Cananda....hehehe

Now I have that damn song in my head.

I still haven't got mine yet either.

Cedar Point rocks my socks.

Hey BongKong, we'll pay you to keep Celine for us. :)

And, CP probably wants to attract more Canadian tourists. Almost everyone I know at my school (of 800) went to Cedar Point at least once last year, because they saw advertisements on Detroit stations.

It's true. In the Windsor-Essex county area (where Cedar Dan lives too, according to his profile), all of our stations come out of Detroit (FOX, CBS, NBC, etc) so we see lot's of Cedar Point advertisements. It would be strange to find someone at my school who hasn't heard of Cedar Point. Last year our school had a bus trip there on our long weekend in May, a week before Memorial Day and we filled 3 coach buses VERY easily. Being 2 hours away from the park is great. This year when I go I want to see if I can spot Canada from the top of Magnum because I haven't done that yet. Does anyone know what park can be seen? Is it Pelee Island? Point Pelee?
*** Edited 4/16/2005 2:11:10 PM UTC by Vince982***

I STILL Haven't gotten mine!

I got mine today. Some friends and I with our families are taking a trip up this summer.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service