Early Entry 2020

I saw someone was wondering how early entry would work since gold pass holders will have a half hour of ERT during early entry. It’s simple. The platinum pass holders will get access to early entry ride queue lines at 9:00 a.m. and the gold pass holders will get access to the lines for early entry rides at 9:30 a.m. Then the GP, non-passhomders, and non-Resort guests will have access at 10:00 a.m. Yes I understand they would have to have someone checking passes, and resort EE cards, but they already do anyway.

Also here’s a simple solution about the pass options.

1) If you plan to only visit CP & CP Shores and you know that that’s for sure your plan, get the Gold Pass.
2) If you want to visit CP, CP Shores, KI and so forth, buy the Platinum Pass.
3) If you only plan to stay put at CP all summer & fall, buy the Regular Cedar Point Season Pass.

Not being mean, just thinking out-loud about the different options and how they break down. Hope that helps.

For me: I’m going to stick with Platinum. April can’t come soon enough, I’m definitely ready for Orion.

Last edited by Jake10,

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Don't forget, if you are someone who gets Fast Lane even a few times a season, it might make sense to stick with Platinum for the discount. The Gold Pass doesn't get the FL+ for FL upgrade at CP. The Gold Pass is a heck of a deal however.

You would have to get FLP 4 or 5 times a season just to break even on the GP->PP difference. So PP only makes sense if at least one of the below is true:

1. The extra 30 minutes of ERT is of substantial value to you (it arguably is for us).
  2. You buy FLP passes 6 times a season.

Brandon

That's true, unless you go on very busy Saturdays which happened to us this season. FLP was $169.99 twice while I was there this season, and I believe we paid $109 with our discount. So the discount there for 2 FLPs was $120. That's more than the difference between the current PP price and Gold price in just 2 days.

Keep in mind right now the Regular CP pass (the "blue pass") is no longer available.

How much were the old Regular CP passes?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

They were $139 if I remember correctly? I know the Gold Pass is cheaper either way...

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service