Could 2010 KD Coaster Be A Vertical Lift Giga?

After browsing throuh yesterdays newest track delivery to KD I noticed the new track is very thick and has a second layer of track on top. This track reminded me of Hershey Park's vertical lift track on Fahrenheit, but extremely stronger. If this track isnt for a 300 foot vertical climb, what other part of the ride do you believe it is for?

Here is the new track arrival in question.

http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=868&fullsize=1

Here is a photo of Fahrenheit's lift track in operation.

http://www.coasterdom.com/gallery/files/Hersheypark/Fahrenheit/fah007.jpg

Also, what is your opinion on the possibility of Cedar Point building a similar ride in the future? Would such a coaster put to rest some of the questions of conserving space for a new attraction? These are just questions. Obviously, I havent a clue what CP or KD are doing. I'm just moving the conversation along. That's all.

"Before you know it, that Maverick's got the drop on ya."

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/55791.aspx

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

What's ur point, chuck? I related this topic to CP, and nobody on coasterbuzz brought up vertical lift at all. I know giga has been on people's lips for a while on here and coasterbuzz. but seriously?

^I agree. This pertains to CP. I think it be a great addition if cedar point built one. Don't they try things out in other CF parks before building one at CP?

First rollback=opening weekend '09

Combine a vertical lift and a dive machine and you would really save space :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Final Coaster At Cedar Point said:
...nobody on coasterbuzz brought up vertical lift at all.

So then bring it up.

On the topic of CF trying things out at other parks: while this does happen, remember that this coaster is rumored to be a giga...CP already has a giga.

And as for the vertical lift: a 300ft vertical lift would be pretty intense. (given this is a giga of course)

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

Great point Captain. I hadnt really thought of the combination of the two, but with the appearence of double spined track, that might be a feesable logic for KD as well.

And CPrush, it would make sense to try something out at other parks. I do know Cedar Point in the past has generally been an innovative park; often dabbling in newer and/or advanced versions of rides.

CPfan, the very fact that you posted a reply gives me the impression that you've read my post. Therefore you would know that I DID post it. Unless we are living in alternate universes and yours is slightly askew, I dont find the point in replying in such a manner. If you're talking about coasterbuzz. I dont use coasterbuzz, but I often check it before I make post that I think might be redundant. Let's save the nitpicking for someone who deserves it.

We would be talking about a "vertical Lift" giga at CP. Which would be an incredible development. But nothing is set in stone yet. That's what makes this entire process so exciting.

Last edited by Final Coaster At Cedar Point,

I find the vertical lift plausibe, but i dont know about that giga part. That lift would be HUGE!

by the way, what is the tallest vertical lift on any coaster?

Last edited by CP rush,

To my knowledge the tallest vertical lift utilized by a roller coaster is 121 feet on Hershey Park's Fahrenheit. There very well might be one taller, I'm not sure.

Final Coaster At Cedar Point said:
I do know Cedar Point in the past has generally been an innovative park; often dabbling in newer and/or advanced versions of rides.

Yeah and we all know how well TTD worked for them!! :(

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2025 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

That's very tru, LuvRaptor. Maybe that's why they decided to build one just like it at KD first. I dont know...

If the tallest vertical lift is 121 feet and there are only a handful of giga coasters around then I highly doubt it's a giga with a vert. lift, but it could happen i suppose.

But doesn't "Giga" imply coasters 300-399' tall? With Hyper- and Strata- being 200-299', and 400'+, respectively. So, that being said, there are only two "giga-coasters" in the world today.

A 300' slow vertical climb would be ridiculous. That would really mess with a person's psyche.

BirdOfPrey00 said:

A 300' slow vertical climb would be ridiculous. That would really mess with a person's psyche.

Yeah, especialy if you knew it would be followed by 200+ ft inversions with red beacon lights atop. Maybe they're clearing land on MF island for the KD coaster...nah that's going to far ;)

CP rush said:
I find the vertical lift plausibe, but i dont know about that giga part. That lift would be HUGE!

by the way, what is the tallest vertical lift on any coaster?

Hollywood Rip, Ride, and Rockit is going to have the tallest when it opens.

Good call, Ringer. I forgot that HRRR was a vertical lift coaster. It is to open at Universal Resort on July 4th, 2009. The lift will be 167 feet. The coaster is manufactured by a company called Maurer Sohne. MS also creates structural protection systems for bridges and buildings susceptible to earthquakes and is based out of Munich, Germany.

After looking at the HollywoodRRR coaster's lift I'm wondering now about the giant red track like beams at KD. Maybe the large part of the beam isnt track at all. Maybe it will go directly to the ground as a support structure and the single layer "thin", 2 rail, spineless track will be the approach to the lift. I dont know...just brainstorming;)

This is not a PointBuzz topic. Please go to CoasterBuzz or some other park to discuss.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service