Could 2007 attraction be a Powder Keg coaster???

I was browsing through thrillride.com earlier and something caught my eye. Although I would like to see a much bigger and different type of coaster, check this out.

http://thrillride.com/powderkeg/powkeg.html

Here are a few reasons why I think it "might" be a powder keg coaster...

1. The White Water Landing station still remains. A station like this is needed for a powder keg coaster.

2. Many have mentioned the strong relationship recently between Cedar Point and S&S.

3. A powder keg coaster fits the Frontier Town theme.

4. The space provided would be perfect for such a coaster.

I think Cedar Point would most likely modify a ride like this to make it better/faster or maybe even taller.

Just a thought.
*** Edited 3/12/2006 5:55:56 AM UTC by Final Coaster At Cedar Point***
*** Edited 3/12/2006 6:04:20 AM UTC by Final Coaster At Cedar Point***

"Before you know it, that Maverick's got the drop on ya."

Powder Keg is just a coaster themed to a western setting. Behind all the fancy effects, it's just a thrust air launch. It is a posibility, but the launch is what makes this unlikely. CP added two launch coasters and they don't really need another right now.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

One cant deny, however, that there are a large amount of similarities between the building of powder keg and where CP is right now. S & S, people screaming for a family ride, station still up...

I think it at least deserves a serious nod.

I think that another launch is not probable right now, aside from the fact that it would be a really nice, mellow family coaster compared to a lot of others at the park.

Seems like the perfect thing to discuss in one of the other 5 threads about what's coming next year, though..

Here is a thought. What if CP put in a ride like Expedition Everst at WDW that goes forward and backwards? They could put in a ride system like that, give it a frontier/western theme and you have got a pretty good coaster IMO. It could be that large family ride that a lot of people who come to the park could ride. Of course not the at the same level that Everest is because that took them years to make and the cost was(Look Out) $100,000,000. What do you think?

United States Coast Guard

Imagine your favorite tv show. You've been through it all. The ups, the downs, the crazy coincidences and then bang! They tell you what it's all about. Would you be happy? Does it make sense? How come it all ended in a church? - Joker

I personally don't think It will look or be anything like Expidition Everest. It cost too much and has too much themeing and plot to be a CP coaster. Look what this did to Disaster Transport. But I am thinking with all of the hype it might be a skywheel coaster.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3185.htm?picture=3

It would only be one of two in the US if it came out in '07. And the footers look kind of big

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3185.htm?picture=29

This type of coaster is neat and the cars are pretty cool looking.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2926.htm?picture=11

and the lift does not take up much space so I think this is a big possibility.

Well, it would be unique.

And you could incorporate some type of "mineshaft" theme into this pretty easily.

I dont know, though...something about this type of coaster just doesnt "feel" like CP. Im not sure how else to explain it.

The same company that makes these, though, also has a new 4-D coaster type that rivals S & S's.

Personally, im leaning towards a 4-d as my wishlist coaster, but i think its a big wish.

Well, I agree, an S&S launched coaster should not be C.P.'s choice for Frontier Town, merely for the fact they'd have a hard time "est-ing" it. Longest? Fastest? The world's tallest S&S launched coaster?

Nah.

I loved Powder keg for the terrain and great transitions. A ride like that is the perfect family thrill ride for a place like SDC. But my guess is that Cedar Point will go big.

I would so dig it if the WWL station was saved to become part of it, whatever it is.

I'm the oldest one here. CP emp '73-'74

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service