Changes for 2002

I know you guys already know most of this stuff, but I just got my Cedar Point 2002 Family Getaway Guide today and here is what's new to expect this summer.

1. Wicked Twister-Getting rid of stadium games (No loss)

2. Disaster Transport-New special effects (About time)

3. Good Times Theater: Snoopy Rocks the Ice-Getting rid Cedar Point Cinema

4. Vertigo-Vertigone

5. Tenderfoot Pass-Don't know what this is, all I know that it's labled over by where people walk under Millennium. Also labled as an Attraction.

6. Palace Theatre-Just because Lusty Lil's not family oriented. (Neither is half the music in the park but Point doesn't seem to care as long as they don't play rap.)

7. Mantis-Get's a new paint job, won't get started until mid-april like Raptor last year.

8. Dodgem's I-The cars are being moved to Dogem II while the fire hazard cars go to Michigans Adenture (Like they need another Chaos incident). While Cedar Point is getting in Dodgems I place......NOTHING. Acording to the map nothing is there. The rumors say there was supossed to be a new restraunt like Midway Market but I bet the budget thing came up again. Disaster should consider itself lucky, thats if it wasn't an inatimate object.

-----------------

*** This post was edited by Jeffrey Spartan on 3/30/2002. ***

... and there are so many more little changes not listed that the list could go on forever... but I don't know them all... and who does?!

2002 is a big year of change at Cedar Point... more so than most others in my opinion!

-----------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
"Thank You Jeff Putz"

*** This post was edited by Zero-G on 3/30/2002. ***

I've heard about all of those except for Tenderfoot Pass. What is that? A new ride or something?

-----------------
Tommy Penner - Variable X
"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried."

Actually, that's what the tunnel has been called ever since the addition of MF. Tenderfoot Pass in the barrier between the regular park, and Frontier Trail. That's great to hear confirmation about Mantis' paintjob. I really want to see the bug look brand new. :)

-------------
MF count: 23

Yeah now if they could only get rid of that brake going down the first drop.

"Trim Brakes Suck."

Why? That brake gives the train great hang time in the loop.

-----------------
"Wheres the Callahan factory?!?!?"

I'm just curious as to how some of this info (such as Mantis paintjob starting in mid-April) comes from the Getaway Guide. I haven't gotten this year's yet, but this type of info wasn't included in the past. I guess you can infer some of it from the map, but not all of it.

-Matt

-----------------

YEAH I THINK THAT THE JR GEMINI SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT CAUSE NO LITTLE KIDS WANT TO RIDE IT,IT IS TO DUMB AND TAKES UP ALOT OF SPACE

*** This post was edited by bigpun on 4/2/2002. ***

Why are you screaming?

-------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
Fear the Mullet!

What ever happend to the water fountains that were supposed to be instaled last year?
good question crazy horse...I still want to see those fountains!
It was scrapped for reasons unknown by us...maybe they are holding out for one big renovation project...

Well, I know that at least one bit of renovation has happened on the main midway for this season: New lights have been installed around the center fountain.

I wonder if some of the other midway improvements that didn't happen for 2001 will happen for 2002.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

I saw on some website someplace that the Main Midway was suposed to receive all new lights. It is kind of dark. Actually too dark for what I would consider a Main Midway should look like. So I hope it does receive some brighter lighting.

-----------------
- Chris -
http://www.thepointol.com/~simplycp
Computer Science - Ashland University
Witches' Wheel/Monster - 2002
3rd Shift Trash Removal - 2001

Jr. doesn't take up too much room. I could see them like put some kiddy turnpike underneath some of the coaster over by Camp Snoopy. This was where the rumored Huff N' Puff was suposed to be when Camp Snoopy was built. I beleave budget problems again (Same with the midway improvements last year, for those who were wondering about the fountains). Knott's has one, heres the website address http://knotts.com/park/csnoopy/rides/kids/kids.htm . I think BigPun was shouting about Jr. to catch my attention. I worked of Jr. a few years ago. Dull and boring and they won't take it out. They won't take any of their coasters out, world record whatever. It doesn't matter, I go to the park to enjoy the rides, not complain about them. If I wanted to do that I'd go to Six Flags.

-----------------

The water fountains were never installed because the company who was going to install them provided Cedar Fair with a dollar amount that was initially acceptable, but then revised their estimate to a much larger figure... Into the millions if I heard correctly. Cedar Fair knows when they are being ripped off, so the deal was called off when the company came up with the much larger figure.

-----------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
"Thank You Jeff Putz"

Ejector205 said:
Why? That brake gives the train great hang time in the loop.

Becasue the trim brakes slow the train down too much I never really enjoyed Mantis but the last time I rode it the brake was not used and WOW the bug got me rethinking my whole viewof that ride.

"The callahan Factory Is Three Blocks Down And To The Left."

I love the brake. It actually makes the transitions more thrilling in my opinion.
I rode it without the trims at HalloWeekends last year, and the vertical G's were awesome. It was a very intense ride, but with the trims the ride has some airtime on the first two inversion which is also pretty cool.

-------------
MF count: 23

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service