Cedar Point Half Marathon 6/14

Just wondering if any other point buzzers are doing the Cedar Point Half Marathon next weekend or any of the other races (10K, 5K , or mile). I've never done one before and I turn 40 in July and I figured no time like the present to run a half at my daughter and I's favorite place in the world. Looking today and it looks like the registration is up to 423 just for the half with over 800 for all the races.

If any one raced in it last year any advice would be nice.

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

I ran the 5K last year. It was a good time. Last year, they used the "Preferred Parking" area as the Start/Finish. I got there about 45 minutes early and had plenty of time to get my packet and take the shirt back to the car. The 5K was run completely in the park. The Half looks like it is the same course as last year; the first three in the park, the rest out. The rules stated that headphones weren't allowed, but nobody said anything to me about mine. I wasn't in it to win, I just wanted the experience. Everyone I talked to was really friendly and happy to be there.

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

I hope you weren't the person I almost hit last year. This person was running and ran right in front of my car in the parking lot. Sure enough, he was wearing headphones. Good thing I'm a cautious driver 😁

I always run with my headphones on. 13.1 miles would be a really long time to run without them and I would be amazingly bored. I saw in the rules sheet that it says they are allowed but discouraged. Common sense--- ya gotta be aware and smart while your wearing them.

I ran last year and will be out again next weekend. It's a fun race although there's not much that's very interesting to look at once you get outside of the first three miles in the park. I did not wear headphones last year but saw many people who were without consequence, so I may decide to do so this year. Best advice I could give is to take advantage of the water stops and stay well hydrated. It gets HOT out there on the black top, especially when you're running along the causeway. Good luck and congratulations on registering for your first half!

Was the park overly busy due to the race last year? We are considering if/when to get a fast pass. We are going to decide day of but am still curious what last year was like.

From what I can recall, it was pretty busy but it was also held two weeks later. They did give participants in the race admission for the entire weekend with the option to purchase discounted admission for family & friends so that may add a few more people attendance-wise. Then again, I didn't stay all day last year because I was hurting so maybe not. I'd definitely wait and see. This year I plan to relax at soak city if it's busy!

Just a quick follow up after the weekends race. Thanks for the positive vibs coastRlover. Was able to beat my goal time and did it in 1:52 minutes. All in all it was a great time. Nice running through the park but I enjoyed the causeway and downtown Sandusky just as much. Seemed to me they had a nice turnout. Very humid but not really hot that morning. After I was done started to sprinkle but no real hard rains (like there was overnight).

It was nice the rest of the weekend to see all the people in the park in there 5k, 10k, half marathon shirts and I tried to talk to everyone I could. Actually thinking of doing the one at Kings Island in Sept. which I believe is ran entirlly inside the park area.

KI has a half in the same race series, but theirs is in October (which might not be bad if it stays dry). It is entirely inside the park, but it's a two lap race.

The one I wouldn't mind checking out in September is the Glow Run at Cedar Point. I've participated in other night runs, but I would really like to see how they do it at the Point.

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Congrats Burky that's awesome. I PRd finishing in 1:56, you must have passed me! I have been thinking about doing the one at either Dorney or Kings Island as well since I don't have any races planned for October yet but haven't totally decided.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service