Ben & Jerry's Out - Toft's Back for 2008

Happily Totfs is being brought back after a 1 year mistake in judgment.

Later Wally

Awesome. I love Tofts. Is it May yet? ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Tofts, imho, is far superior to Ben & Jerry's...and...it is a local company. The misguided who made that decision last year were knuckleheads.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

One of the only good things about living in Sandusky, getting to enjoy Tofts all year long:)

This is a good sign...perhaps the park will not be overrun with corporate crap in the coming years.

Excellent! That is great news. Now if they will just put a restaurant in the Chick Filet building that will stay open on Sunday I will be amazed again at the Amazement Park. I guess we just have to take one victory at a time in order to win the war.

Explain...

What flavors will be offered do you think at CP?

While I like Ben and Jerrys...I found they had like 6 flavors at CP. While in a normal store you had something like...who knows how many flavors.

Is it like a Coldstone with mix-ins?

Wow... if this is true I'm amazed that it only lasted one year. CP's website still lists Ben and Jerry's at the Ice Cream Parlor... What's your source Wallyworld?

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Can someone provide source information for this report? IE i've not seen anything or heard anything that would confirm this rumor/report in any of the local sources or folks that are in the know?!

My source was a guy (middle aged) working the counter at Toft's, I asked what genius pulled the plug on great local buisness for Ben & Jerry's? He went on to say CP saw a sales drop etc. from ice cream sales and that Toft's would be back for 2008 with a new 5 year contract. He also said Mr. Kinzel's son was responsible for the switch to Ben & Jerry's. This info is over a week old.

Later Wally

Later Wally

Anytime someone says these two phrases:

"my source was a guy..."

"Mr. Kinzel's (insert family member)"

My suspicion rises that the reported information is not entirely true.

I'll wait to see solid info from the park itself.

Owner, Gould Photography.

I thought Kinzel's son worked at a different park.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

^ Last I heard his son was somewhere higher up in foods at CP, so if that's still true, he could be in the position to make those decisions.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I am unfimliar with Tofts. What is it and how does it taste?

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

If this is true, that is great news. Ben & Jerry's was lame, no shakes or malts. Toft's is great quality ice cream, and they ran a proper ice cream parlor with all the treats you would imagine it to have.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Kinzel has three sons and a daughter.

Tofts is a good, local, historic dairy. Their ice cream can be found out on Rt. 6 as you leave Sandusky to the west.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

You know, I should revisit what I said. I think when they first said they were moving to Ben and Jerry's I thought it was a wise move since B&J is more well known. I figured they would have sold more ice cream (and I suspect the "knucklehead" I spoke of thought that too).

But, I will stand by Tofts being FAR better the B&J and I will just label myself a knucklehead from a business standpoint too.

Last I heard, of the three sons one was with Cedar Fair (maybe Star Trek in Vegas now) and a second was GM of the Great Wolf Lodge. Don't know much about #3.

Most of the kids worked in Cedar Point's Accommodations division at one time or another as they grew up and I felt they were all good kids and not one's to flaunt the position their father held. They obviously were midwest raised.

-Walt Disney

Pete said:
If this is true, that is great news.

It's true. Toft's is back.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Jason Hammond said:
I thought Kinzel's son worked at a different park.

He's running the Star Trek Experience in Vegas, last I heard.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I could be wrong but I would bet that with the new B&J ice cream we all got a premium sized price increase for a perceived premium named ice cream brand. Assuming that true I would imagine that would account for any drop in sales, if there were any.

Unless the B&J distribuor was really lousy or they just couldn't keep up with production (which i would bet against in either case) it had to be a profit driven move.

Regardless of the reason I have to say this is a great move for the park, imo.

smoke 'em if you got 'em

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service