Bad weather coming for Halloweekends Oct 10/19-10/20

Looks like the chill will be setting in CP starting today, the 18th. Going to be there tomorrow all day with family, a little nervous of the cold and the rain. What's everyone's take on this? Crowds will still be there? Any advice?

The crowds will still be there. It won't be very cold. Just wear jackets and maybe a hat that you can throw in your pocket while riding. Looks like a chance of rain in the afternoon, but you never know. If it rains, it would be a good time to catch a few of the Halloweekends shows. You can pick up rain panchos for $5 in most stores. Maybe have a change of clothes in the car in case you get really wet.

Just have fun!

Gilbert, Vegan Rider

The crowds will not be as bad as last weekend, probably not even close. While unfavorable weather does keep crowds away, I think with closing day coming up, the effect is lessened.

It looks like today is the nice weather for the weekend. I'm busy tonight and Saturday but I may try Sunday. I'm wondering how closing weekend is going to be like. I keep hearing about snow flakes later in the week from coworkers but when I look at the Weather Channel forcast I don't see it.

If you have the chance to go.... just GO!!!

I made the mistake of not going 3 weeks ago due to weather and now I've been sick with pneumonia so I don't even know if we'll make it one more time before the season ends :( You never know what will come up so make the most out of it before the season ends. I'm soooo bummed out that I've been sick, we need one more day at the park!

The Weather Channel indicates that the wind will be 19 mph out of the southwest. I missed out on GK a couple weeks ago due to wind. Is a 19 mph SW wind enough to close GK tonight? I'm going either way, opportunities are dwindling.

Hope you get better fast shamrockcb, so you can get in at least one more trip.

Paul

Yeah, I am going to be wearing an under armour cold gear shirt, beanie, hoodie and gloves in case. Wife wants to bring some hand warmers since I think the evening is supposed to dip into the low 40s. We got some fast passes several weeks ago so am hoping that they will pay off instead of wasting if there's not long lines :)

It will be crowded. Probably very crowded. Just not historically crowded like last weekend.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service