Bad experience in 2013, trying again in 2015

Flew to Cedar Point 8/9/2013 with my 13 year old. Went to the park later in the day Friday when we arrived, went on a couple rides, and then went back for a full day Saturday 8/10. We purchased the fast passes Saturday for I believe ~$90 or so each to avoid waiting in lines since we flew in for 1.5 days and wanted to make sure we hit everything we wanted. We've done this in the past for other parks we've traveled to visit.

Overall we had a poor experience. Wait times were over an hour for most major rides even with fast passes, and it seemed like every other ride we were trying to get on broke down during our wait! We ended up having to leave the line most of the time to try and get on something else.

It was not a very efficient trip compared to our experience at Disney/Universal in Orlando and even Six Flags in NJ. At other parks wait times on weekends with fast passes is typically 10-20 minutes in my experience.

Have things improved at Cedar Point at all? I'm thinking of going back middle of July this year with my 6 and 8 year olds who are around 50" and love roller coasters. It seems like there's a lot they can ride at Cedar Point and I think they'd love the trip. However, I don't want the same experience as I had in 2013 - especially with my 6 and 8 year olds.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions.

Thanks!

Jeff -

This is not really a Q&A question, it's more of a discussion. You can't really choose a right answer.

Closed topic.

Answers

You fly in from where, Russia? :-)

I wish there was a definitive answer to your question, but I understand your concern.
It was a Saturday in August? Ouch. And it's easy for me to say because being from Ohio the park isn't an every-so-often special trip for me, but you wouldn't catch me dead there that time of the season.

Fast Lane is definitely the way to go on a busy day, but when it's at it's busiest the reports are that even FL lines are long, as you experienced. Halloweekends can be the same. And as far as breakdowns go, hey, it's kind of like weather. Who's got that crystal ball?

There's been a lot of complainers here lately that Cedar Point got off to a rough start this season, reliability-wise, and maybe it's true. But if at all possible, you should plan your trip to the park either early in the season or later as schools go back in session. It's so much more manageable crowd-wise. Then, especially with FastLane you can really pack in the fun.
Edit: I re-read as saw your thinking of July. Weekdays, if you can do it, would surely be best then.

I'm assuming you checked height restrictions for the various rides listed on the website. I'm not well versed on the subject as it doesn't matter to me, but it seems 48-52 is the benchmark for a lot of the bigger rides, and a couple are 54. If the kids are only around 50 they may be disappointed.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by RCMAC,
POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service