Attendant run over in parking lot 5/10

Apparently the jerk who hit him ran over him twice then took off! Facebook thread here:

https://www.facebook.com/sh...o2hz2DauF/

This is even worse than I thought it was, no way the driver can claim they didn't know what happened. Apparently a witness even knocked on their window after this happened. Thankfully the driver has been found and charged.

https://fox8.com/video/driv...e/9694312/

Of course it was an Escalade. I'm mostly at peace with the fact that people think they "need" SUV's, but that is the douchiest car on the road today.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Haha that's too funny I couldn't agree more!

Agreed on all accounts. It baffles me that in the age of cell phones people think they can do something like this and just drive away. Either way, glad they caught this clown. I hope he gets a significant punishment.

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Escalades have the worst headlights. I can always tell when one is behind me or coming from the other direction. Those lights are aimed too high.

I'm honestly surprised this type of accident doesn't happen more often with how awful people drive in that parking lot. When I worked at the park, occasionally the traffic team would need help a few days out of the summer because of how busy it would get. So I would always volunteer to come out and help (mainly to get out of my area for a bit) because I enjoyed the work. But holly hell were people rude, dangerous, and out right awful humans. I was shocked at how many people didn't care at all about the directions you were giving them, and how close they would get to hitting you. One time this dude in a lifted truck stopped short and came right up to my extended hand when I was telling him to stop...for no reason other than to be an asshole. I was prepared to be hit that day with how often cars were being reckless. I still can't believe how drivers acted, and this was the vast majority of them, not just one or two.

Last edited by 99er,

The parking lot is horrible. When the park closes everybody always heads - usually diagonally - to the entrance at the bottom of the park, when the best way to get out is to go to the main vertical roadway and head up toward the entrance to the park. An attendant is there to direct you to the left; you cut across the lot to Perimeter Road, another attendant directs you left, and you're on the road out of the park. But apparently CP doesn't want you to go that way because it affects pedestrian traffic so they post all the exit signs toward the bottom of the lot where the tollgates are. NOBODY is directing traffic there until you're right at the lot entrance, so it's a free-for-all.

The parking lot isn't horrible, the operation is. I can't speak for what it is now because I think they handed it over to Security, but back in the day when they had an entire Traffic Control Department, the lot flowed smoothly in and out. But the flow is only as good as drivers following directions though.

They released the guy’s name who did it and turns out he is a pastor in Michigan. I Facebook searched the name and turns out his page is not 100% private. Needless to say, people have a lot to say in the comments in one of his videos.

The gentleman that got ran over has worked at CP for years. Good guy. He used to work in ride operations. His mother started a go fund me page to help cover hospital bills. What a shame.

The layout of the lot doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and it doesn't help that there's only one way out. Still, it's no coincidence that every Disney lot follows the same pattern: Enter through an inside lane, exit one way to the outside. Universal works about the same (despite being a garage), and so does SeaWorld. And there isn't anyone directing traffic at any of them.

Cedar Point has straight parallel spaces, so already they do not force traffic in a specific direction. The dividing lane is diagonal, which means the bay side becomes a funnel, putting the cars closer to the gate in longer rows all trying to get out. If it were up to me, I'd put the road down the middle, with a median or divider (with a pedestrian walk in it), angle the spaces toward the outside lanes. The outside lanes should funnel to the causeway without requiring anyone directing. No exiting by Blue Streak, or the middle of the lot. That doesn't make anything faster, it all comes down to two or three lanes anyway.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Partial list of "re-do projects":

*Magnum restrooms, check!

*Town Hall Museum, on hold/scratched

*Forbidden Frontier area, closed

*Former Cedars site: unknown

*Parking lot reconfiguration, discuss at next Black Shirt Higher-up meeting

Here's wishing a speedy successful recovery to the injured worker and prosecution for the perpetrator.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service