Annual Survey: When and Where 2005

It's hard to believe that the end of the season is here and for curiosity sake, for you Cedar Point enthusiats over the past summer,

1) How far away do you live from Cedar Point?
2) How often did you goto Cedar Point?
3) What days did you goto the Point?
Add any other comments about your summer too!

Personally,
1) Mapquest/134.1 miles
2) Thrice! Once in June, once in late August, once in mid-September.
3) All Sundays.

Two "firsts" this year - my first early June outing, which without a doubt I'm going to do again next year with the small crowds, and my first Halloweekend trip, although with it being on a Sunday alot of things were closed.

If you're curious:
2004 2003 2002 2001.

Wow, also hard to believe I've been lurking on here for 5 years.

*** Edited 10/31/2005 6:24:29 PM UTC by MiLLeNNiuMRiDeR***

twitter.com/tommy_penner

1) 149

2) Twice: July 3rd, October 31st

3) Sundays - will NEVER do another July 4th weekend, unless its 60 degrees outside, and will surely come to HW on a Saturday next year.

An exciting first for my girlfriend, Tracy. She had never been to an amusement park, nor been on a coaster before CP. Now she has conquered every coaster in the park multiple times and she's on her way to becoming a coaster fanatic!

*** Edited 10/31/2005 6:27:47 PM UTC by djDaemon***

Brandon

1) About 150

2) I loast count...but at least 6

3) We were just there last night, so thats one Sunday....we we there A few Saturdays ago...then we always hit weekdays during the summer.

This was my wife's first Halloweekends trip and she loved it. Carnevil was a great addition...we also enjoyed flawless Dragster riding all summer (until HW of course)

Thing I will miss most about 2005? Freeway.. :(

1. 137 miles

2. 5 trips

3. Wednesday/Thurs in mid June, a Sunday in mid July, Friday August 19th, HW Oct 14-16, and this past weekend.

The highlight of the season was going with my Dad for the first time in August. We have exactly the same taste in rides, and like to do the park the same way. Riding all my favorites with my little sister and budding-coaster-lover and having them become her favorites too was pretty neat as well.

This was definitely a season to remember, as I don't expect to be able to get season passes for at least a couple of years.

Are you sure this isn't the Atlantic Ocean?

GO TIGERS!

1.250miles

2. around 25 times

3. All days of the week except saturdays (but saturdays during Halloweekends)

Best Time was riding MaXair and my last ride on WWL and maybe Demon Drop

RIP MR.SCOTT The ONLY MAYOR OF LIGHTHOUSE

1. 220 miles

2. 2 full days in May and in Aug.

3. May 22, Aug 25,26(And the day before with after 4 or 5 pm entry)

Quote from a Corkscrew ride op, "And Dragster is down again"

1. 123 miles

2. May 23, August 29 and 30, September 3, October 22

3. Monday, Monday Tuesday, Saturday, Saturday

Each trip was awesome. September 3rd was the first time I've been at the Point where it was a nice sunny day all day long, and it wasn't even that busy. Going with family in August was fun because it was my sister's first time there, and her first CP coaster was Dragster in the front.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

1) Home: 112 miles ... College: 38 miles
2) 5 times Recreational and a weekend "Booster" visit.
3) 1:M / 2:T / 2:Th / 1 weekend ... 4: June / 1: August / Weekend: October

Highlights: Walked on TTD and MF (first times ever), I was on the last train for a normal shutdown of TTD of the season (The Saturday night of the comeback in October, TTD shutdown the the season that Sunday afternoon) Red Train, FRONT seat. My first year of having a season pass (Combo CP/GL), and I will continue for many years to come.

BDash | Toro | Maverick | Bizarro | Voyage | RFII | X2 | TTD | DBack | Cornball

1. 65 miles
2. 22 times
3. Spread out though the season

Highlights: First time on maxAir, actually participating in "Physics Day," went 3 days in a row on July 29 30 and 31, sang at the Red Garter Saloon, was able to take Grandpa with the senior ticket, rode WWL with Tony/Tyler, last trian of the year on MF

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

1) 137.26 miles

2) 5 times

3) May 14th-15th, July 1st, July 27-28, August 9th, October 9th

Highlights: First time on Maxair, 25 times on Magnum, first time on Top Thrill Dragster, first time on Power Tower, first time with a Season Pass

1) 510 miles (yeah.. 9 hours)

2) i was there for 6 days in a row in july.

3) usually i go three timess (once in july. once in august. and once in the very beginning of september, before i go back to school) this past summer was rough, and i only managed to go once.

i got my 125th ride on millennium force this summer! and 25th for dragster!
*** Edited 10/31/2005 10:59:42 PM UTC by millenniummystique***

1 - 155 miles, 3 hours (give or take)

2 - a number of day trips/weekend trips, I think I was there about 6-8 times overall.

3- Usually Saturday-Sunday, but there was one week long trip (Mon-Sat)

Highlights - Rode the very first TTD train of the day once, that was exhilirating; first time riding TTD and MF in the front car; riding MaXair on opening day; lost my iPod, so since it was partially my mom's fault she bought me a new 20gig photo one; my best friend dropped her cell phone on Magnum (out of a hoodie pocket, ouch), got it back a couple hours later literally in pieces, it was so funny; rode TTD and MF in the rain (others too, but those were the biggies); countless good times along the Fright Zone and CarnEVIL.

2008 - Games (Area 3/Scales)
2009 - Games Supervisor
2010 - Season pass holder.

1) About 2 hours, 15 minutes.

2) 11 times including a 3 days in a row on 4th of july weekend.

3) 4 saturdays, 3 sundays, 3 thursdays, and 1 friday.

Highlights- My first time to Cedar Point on Halloweekends. My first season of Cedar Point with a Season Pass. Rode maXair for the first time (Should be everyones first time. wink). Went to Castaway Bay during Memorial Day Weekend and got a package with Cedar Point and Soak City. First time to Soak City (A very plane but nice water park. Also, need to replace old slides on the right side of Magum).

OK, You guys are gonns hate me.......

1) About 20 minutes ; 20 miles

2) Lost track, about 45 times, or 3 days a week

3) all the time

4) Highlights - rode maxair first time. Best Day was closing, I met Dick Kinzel and got a bunch of pictures. Bought a DVD recorder in the arcade with 19,500 Tickets. Got really good at Raptor Captor.

2008 visits = 38, 2009 = 19, 2010 = 11, 2011 = 14, 2012 = 10, 2013 = 14, 2014 = 14, 2015= 13, 2016 = 11, 2017 = 5, 2018 = 3

Mikey, let me live at your house for a summer...I'm like 600 miles away :(

Envy!

1) 210 miles (3.5 hours)

2) twice. Coastermania! Friday June 3rd & Monday August 22nd

3) both vists had great weather. TTD that many times in a row is not healthy!

I HATE MUFFELHEADS. ..it was like a bad movie this past June. In August, none that i noticed!

Meanstreak in august was the ruffest and worst ride it's ever given me.

Magnum without tims at midnight! ouch and wonderful at the same time!

(RIP WWL)

1. Orlando, Florida (you do the math)

2. Once a year on family vacation

3. If I remember correctly, the second weekend in July on both Saturday and Sunday

4. Personaly I think maXair is the best flat ride in the park and cant wait to ride SKYHAWK. The Dragster was up all weekend and only shut down for half an hour on Sunday, so the longest wait time was only about half an hour. Oh before I forget, on Demon Drop I got stuck laying on my back in the brake run and had to lay in side the car with my gas filled cousin for about 20 minutes and that was a very interesting moment. "Baby im ready to goooo!" (haha good times Brian)

~the clean up crew~

I will now return to my duties as a garbage man.
MF:25 TTD:19 WT:1 MXA:4 Raptor:15 DD:10 MS:10

1. 1 hr. 45 min. from Akron-Soak City's parking lot (just over 100 miles)

2. 1 time per week, 10 trips with 2 or more days in a row

3. any day I had a free day the following one to recuperate

1.) 133 Miles, around 2 Hours

2.) 8 to 10 trips this season, 2 Soak City visits.

3.) Any day in early May, Then mostly Sunday's for the summer and Friday's and Sunday's during Halloweekends.

278 coasters and still counting!

1.) 118 miles (2 hours)

2.) 3 Trips this season

3.) 8th grade class trip(monday-wednesday)

Sisters B-Day (Sunday)

Hallaweekends (Sunday)

I went on the Dragster first time this season (class trip). It was AWSOME! I went on it againg the next trip. I would have gone on closing day but it was shut down. :(

As of October 30, 2005, I have rode EVERY thrill ride at cedar point! Begining with the Raptor and ending with the Demon Drop.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service