8/5/12 - Mean Streak, NO TRIMS

Yesterday I was riding Mean Streak. The trims were off and they were only running the yellow train. The ride was painful, due to flying into the rain at 65+ mph, but we rode 3 times - in the front, the front of the back car, and the back of the back car. The back was the bumpiest. Near the back, there is ejector air on the last drop before the MCBR. It also had powerful laterals before that drop. It was a unique experience. I reccomend you get your rides in the rain on MS, due to the trimless, insane ride you may get. Again, beware the rain hitting your face, and the bumpiness, but ride it just for the experience.

NOTE - I meant to write "10/5/12" instead of "8/5/12"

Last edited by GigaG,

I also rode it front seat last night and I agree 100%. It was nice flying around the first bank rather than just barely making it. Best ride I've had on mean streak in a long time

MF-Mark said:
I also rode it front seat last night and I agree 100%. It was nice flying around the first bank rather than just barely making it. Best ride I've had on mean streak in a long time

I used to think it needed the Iron Horse treatment, but now I think that if Cedar Point was too cheap for afull-blown Iron Horse renovation , to do this-

- Reprofile the ride (maybe a steeper drop, sharper hill crests, more banking on turns with high lateral G's, and remake the part after the MCBR so it is more intense at its rather low speed)

- New trains

-Topper track on most (if not all) of the ride, although maybe they could get away with skipping the lift hill

-Finally, remove the trims

The topper track might be able to withstand a trimless ride without tearing up the track, and it would mean that CP would be left with 2 woodies instead of leaving Blue Streak as the park's only woodie. Of course, the Iron Horse treatment would be even better, but topper track would be awesome too.

For the first time I actually got some airtime on it, it was really enjoyable. I would love for them to get topper track for it, but if they do that they should deffinately consider a new restraints (or trains) or I'm going to bring my pillow to set on my lap so I can walk when I get off. And steeper drops and bank would deffinately be a bonus! By the way did you happen to notice that awful grinding noise millenium started to make its last few runs about halfway up the hill. It started on my last train of the night. It was so loud we could practice hear it at the front gate

MF-Mark said:
For the first time I actually got some airtime on it, it was really enjoyable. I would love for them to get topper track for it, but if they do that they should deffinately consider a new restraints (or trains) or I'm going to bring my pillow to set on my lap so I can walk when I get off. And steeper drops and bank would deffinately be a bonus! By the way did you happen to notice that awful grinding noise millenium started to make its last few runs about halfway up the hill. It started on my last train of the night. It was so loud we could practice hear it at the front gate

I went on MF once on the 5th. I think it just made the "normal" noise, although I don't think the cable lift should be making noise at all? Apparently, there is a whole topic about this-

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/28461.aspx

Last edited by GigaG,

Unfortunately the next time you ride it the trims will be on again, and someone will start Mean Streak thread # 7,234 just to tell everyone that.

Promoter of fog.

That's an impressive number considering there's less than 24,000 topics in total on this entire site. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I think Kevin lumped together all MS discussion, including the 'they should reprofile it', 'burn the mother to the ground, and 'what would go better in its location' threads, to come up with that number...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Man o many don't like Mean Streak, but I do!! I must be crazy but thats ok its just me!!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

Ya know, the sad truth is that I'm like a person trapped in an abusive relationship with Mean Streak. I know it keeps letting me down, and yet I keep giving it another chance. Just call me Rhianna.

And Ensign is correct. :) A lump sum.

Promoter of fog.

What if they completely took the rails out and made Mean Streak like El Toro? Would this technique work? Also to the guy up above me a couple posts up, I also enjoy Mean Streak. Your not the only one!

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

Kevinj said:
Ya know, the sad truth is that I'm like a person trapped in an abusive relationship with Mean Streak. I know it keeps letting me down, and yet I keep giving it another chance. Just call me Rhianna.

Quote of the year!

rode(1 ride only) MS sunday early evening,sat middle of the train(forgot what color train),was the smoothest mean streak ride I've had in years.No jarring,bumping,sore neck.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Never ever thought I would see a Rhianna reference on PBuzz.

Last edited by Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.,

Let's Get Weird.

Kevin works with young adults. He's hip to their jive.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

But isn't Rhianna old news now? It ain't hip to use out of style references.

Both Mean Streak and The Beast at Kings Island are running smoother now than anytime in probably the past 10 years or longer.

How long that lasts remains to be seen.

MaverickLaunch said:
Both Mean Streak and The Beast at Kings Island are running smoother now than anytime in probably the past 10 years or longer.

That actually depends on who you ask (and when... and what row they were sitting in... and whether they were leaning against the seat back... and how warm or cold it was... and whether the trims were on... and what train they were riding... and so on...).

Brandon

Kevinj said:

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Never ever thought I would see a Rhianna reference on PBuzz.

Shades said:
But isn't Rhianna old news now? It ain't hip to use out of style references.

It's Rihanna not Rhianna. This just shows if you don't know how to spell someone's name, you just look at the post before you :)

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I thought it was wrong, but I was to lazy to Google it and find out. :)

Last edited by Aaronosmer,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service