8/31

Does anyone know what crowds will be like tomorrow? There will be a good chance of rain. I'm simply asking the opinions of people who have been on the Labor Day Weekend Sunday. Looking at the live cam, makes it seem like it isn't too crowded today, which seems weird. Thanks!

I think Labor Day weekend generally isn't too bad. I think most people just like to take it easy weekend and enjoy the last weekend of summer at home. Columbus Day weekend is a different story.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It will be very busy with many walk-ons. People are waiting until Tuesday to do their end of year trips, so tomorrow should be one of the best days to go. If you skip it and wait, you'll regret it and if you go you'll be disappointed.

Goodbye MrScott

John

i hope its not too busy!

Park was pretty busy today. Soak City lot was 100% full and they started parking cars over at the Lighthouse Point parking lot. Some rides were walk-ons but others had pretty good lines as of 9pm.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Or if you're smart and know what you're doing you can wait 40 mins for TTD, 30 mins for Maverick (front row), no wait for MF... that's what I did today. (No fast lane required)

If you can afford it. By a fast-lane plus and it doesn't matter how crowded it is because you all ways have the same line.

I bet the park will be pretty empty on Tuesday.

kylepark said:

I agree. Guests may want to check the lines before buying fast lane.

I typically go the Friday before labor day and the park has always been dead. This year how ever Cedar Point let me down! The staffing was horrible and the lines were longer than normal. Waited over 30 minutes for Gemini because they decided not to run blue train. Magnum was over 30 minutes because they only had 2 trains running. Millennium started out with 2 trains then finally went to 3 trains. The new foreign crew on Gatekeeper doesn't have a clue, it took forever to get people on and off the ride. I've never seen two trains of the brake run waiting every time to enter the station while they loaded up the train in the station.

To sum it up very disappointed. But Cedar Point is still the best....one let down, oh well...just wish it would have been different for my friends from Alabama who've come in on previous Friday before labor day's and the park was dead.

What I have found in past years is that the first Friday of Halloweekends is dead as can be. Looking forward to going this year.

I know!! I was on gatekeeper and all three trains were backed up in the station. I can't understand half of the staff. You would think they would have fluent English employees being the ride commentators especially on their main rides. And they always do that on Gemini. It makes me and because it's suppose to be a racing coaster but most of the time they just run the blue train

I can't help but wonder if the larger than normal crowds are due in part to the season starting a little later than normal.

That makes me sad to hear about the GK crew. Especially last year, but this year as well, they have had the best crews over the summer. Unfortunately, it's not like they are going to have much more time for training before Halloweekends start either.

You know one thing to think about what might have hurt the staffing at Cedar Point, the early start to the school year in Ohio. This might have made them cut staff down some.

Still, I agree with CoasterGuy15, Gemini is a racing coaster, run both trains! They already cut the number of trains down from three (3) of each color down to two (2) of each, so run them both!! It's more fun when you race!!!

Gatekeeper just seemed very slow, slower than normal for loading and unloading. When I go on a slow day I go for coaster count! How many times can I ride!!! And it frustrates me when something else slows it down!!

Regardless, love Cedar Point....always will....just a little bump...better next year I bet....

Smiley5129 said:

kylepark said:

I agree. Guests may want to check the lines before buying fast lane.

I find it funny when people pay all that money for fast pass then the line is just as short for the general public to....agreed check the lines before wasting your $$$

CoasterGuy15 said:
most of the time they just run the blue train

When I was at Cedar Point on 8/28, they were running just the red train. Also, one of the operators told me that they were only racing on weekends at this point in the season.

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

I was there yesterday for the whole day. It started out super cloudy but ended up sunny.

They were actually racing the Gemini trains. The crowds weren't horrible, but filled with people who apparently enjoy walking straight in to a powered wheelchair, as we learned driving my cousin around.

The dollar days specials were great!

I thought they were pretty busy. The weather called for rain all day, but it ended up being hot and sunny. There were long lines for the dollar deal things.

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service