525 ft Rollercoaster to be built in Fla.

Well, it looks like it's going to happen but, not at CP. Seen a post that a 525 ft coaster w/ 8000 ft of track is going up next yr in Fla. I seen the post on FB. It will also offer food services at the very top. I had the link to it but, one of the grand kids move thgs on me. But, it was on FB tonight. If I find it I will re post it.

look for it at. m.wesh.com Orlando.

There's also a 600 foot one proposed for vegas.

I debated making a thread about this here, I even wrote it a few times, because it kinda breaks my heart that Cedar Point won't break the barrier this time.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

I don't think it's something to be upset about. CP would never build something like that coaster going up in Orlando. Aside from that attraction, I'd be surprised if any park will ever build a traditional full circuit 500 foot coaster.

Food services like a... Lemon Chill stand?

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Looking at the renderings I don't think it would compare with what we already have at CP. Apart from looking down and thinking "Holy crap, I'm 525 feet in the air" I think the actual coater experience would be similar to Wildcat. I don't see any drops in it that would let you pick up any great amount of speed or have much in the way of airtime.

More like a 525ft observation tower/restaurant that happens to have a ride built into it. Not impressed at all.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

I think an observation tower would be nice to have again at CP but I agree with others, this is easing down 525 feet, not a single drop.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Wouldn't mind one of those at Cedar Point. There are a few things I'd prefer, but that'd be an awesome addition to the Cedar Point skyline.

Personally, I think the tower is hideous. The coaster running through the supports makes it look thrown together and not well thought out.

Connor Frame
Meadowbrook FFA

It kind of looks like a giant glorified water tower. If any new records will be broken, I think it will be a speed record. It's way to expensive to build a 500ft ride that actually provides a quality ride. You end up spending 15 million on the first hill.

I'm with a few of the others here, this coaster looks lame. The layout is like a really tall wild mouse. No big drops, just a lot of small drops, twists and turns.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

If this were to be built, I would definitely (try my best to) ride it--even though it doesn't look THAT great.

…But something about this "PoleR-Coaster" model just doesn't add up. 520 feet tall but 60 mph.

Would there be a sh*t-load of block brakes to keep the trains from pulling 10000000 lateral g-forces as it whips around corners (that appear to be unbanked in the renderings BTW)--all within a structure whose diameter is barely larger than a spiraling lift hill.

Is there an emergency evacuation to the restaurant/shop? Is there a limit on how many people can be up there at one time? Would the ride capacity be as bad as it seems in the renderings?

Why are they saying it will be built in Florida, without specifying the park? Disney? Universal Studios? Busch Gardens Tampa? They don't seem like they would build something like that--but I think (and hope) I might be wrong.

Whatever park is installing it hasn't announced their plans yet, hence why the manufacturer is being vague. My money is on this going to Fun Spot.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I don't think Fun Spot would have the money to afford this type of investment nor the need for a restaurant.

If it's going in Central Florida, which isn't a given, then I'm thinking maybe Seaworld or Busch Gardens Tampa. They both could use a major new ride to draw some attention from Disney and Universal.

If this was being built at Cedar Point, all of you would be praising it's record breaking status and be bragging about how great an addition it's going to be to the park.

True, if this were being built at CP, everyone would be praising it. But I don't think a ride like this should count. It's not a 500+ ft drop, it's just a gradual drop until you reach the station. But I think a 500+ ft drop after a lift hill may be more than your body can withstand. I don't know if we'll ever see a coaster like that built. If it's not for G-Forces, the prohibiting factors would likely be construction costs and available space because that would take up a ton of room.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It doesn't need to be built at a park. I feel like this is an I-Drive attraction all on its own. Maybe part of Merlins new entertainment complex (is that still happening?). I doubt it is going in at an actual park in Florida.

Last edited by 99er,

! said:
Is there an emergency evacuation to the restaurant/shop? Is there a limit on how many people can be up there at one time? Would the ride capacity be as bad as it seems in the renderings?

I believe the tower has elevators to take guests up and down, and most likely emergency exit stairs to comply with building codes. The roller coaster ride down is an optional way down if you want something besides the elevator.

This would actually be a great attraction if it was installed outside the park on the CP peninsula. Put a restaurant and night club up there and it would be a hit with resorts and marina guests. They have a version that has gondolas going up and down the tower, that would be a pretty cool observation ride on the way up or down as an alternate to the elevator, and be pretty family friendly at the same time.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service