5.16.03 - What special event?

I know I saw a picture taken from inside the park of a sign that had "special dates" on it. I’ve looked around Virtual Midway (where I thought I saw the picture) and can’t find it now. The reason I’m asking is cause one of the dates was May 16th and I’ll be at the park that day. I think it was some kind of historical day or something like that. Are there any kind of special activities that go on during this event? I also checked CP.com but couldn’t find anything there either. Thanks for your help!

------------------
Attitude: A little thing that makes a big difference!

It's the National Amusement Park Historical Association 25th Anniversary Event... I don't know too much about it, but it probably won't be a major disruption.

------------------
Dragster "Top Thrills": 2
World's first strata-coaster!

The NAPHA event is probably going to be quite small. They're getting some ERT, so you may see a coaster running before or after the park's operating hours (I don't know the ERT schedule, though). It shouldn't have any noticeable impact on the attendance, though.

------------------
--Greg
My Home
MF count: 54 TDD: 4

http://www.napha.org ; it is listed as an event on their website, but no agenda listed to date. It is the 25 years of fun celebration at Cedar Point and Merry-Go-Round Museum and scheduled to last 16th-18th

------------------
cyberdman

Kennedy high school here in Taylor Mich. Is having a trip that day....I'll see you all then!

------------------
Don't you hate it when you try to say something funny but only YOU laugh?

NAPHA has ERT on Millennium Force and Blue Streak in the morning, Raptor and Magnum in the evening, according to the preliminary schedule I have...

In both cases, the ERT sessions are outside the normal operating hours.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service