$3.00 20oz are back

I dont know about you but between rides I just find a food stand with a small line walk up and ask for some ice water. I get my FREE cup of water and walk to the next ride. I would never pay $3.00 for a 20oz.

Joe E said:

Most people probably go with the “heck I’m on vacation” philosophy and don’t care about price at that point, which is justified.

Lastly, I don’t know about the argument that high prices are ok because they are inline with sporting events, concerts, movies, etc.

In response to the first quote: I am guilty of this. When I'm on vacation (travel type, I don't consider time in the park at CP vacation), I just pay whatever it takes. At home I've become a little more frugal - I used to pay the $1.50 ATM fees without a second thought just to save the 10 mins drive across town to my bank. Now I take the extra 10 mins (fee is $2.00 most places). I rarely if ever get fountain drinks when I eat at a 'sit-down' type resturant. Many places these fountain drinks are over $2, so I don't pay it. But when I'm on vacation, I just spend it on stuff like that.

As to the second quote, it only makes sense that they would charge what other venues charge for items like food and drinks. It is my thinking that if park visitors have paid similar prices for the same things at other entertainment venues, they won't hesitate to spend it at CP as it will seem normal. And, the park does offer several alternatives to paying the high prices: There are HUGE shelters to put food and coolers at. Yes it's all the way at the front of the park, but they are there. They will let you bring un-opened bottled water into the park. And there are a plethora (I just like saying plethora) of drinking fountains in the park (the fountain at City Hall in Frontier Town has the BEST COLDEST water in the park), and most if not all drink concessions have cups of icewater avail for free. So you do have options!

One interesting thing I heard in the park on Sat - when I made a passing comment about the $3.00 machine drinks I was told that it was an economical move for a very different reason: quarters. They said it was heck trying to keep quarters in the pop machines as the majority of people paid with dollar bills. Some of the machines were running out of change 1/2 way through the day - long before they ran out of bottles. And, it was a hassle to have to constantly reload the change making part of the machines. What do you guys make of this? Anyone in the vending industry elaborate a bit? Is it possible to not hold enough quarters to last as long as the stock does? In a way it kind of makes sense - you make more money, don't have to worry about loading quarters in the machines, one less thing to malfunction and need repair, faster turnaround when restocking machines. Takes one step out of the process on several levels. Just something to chew on.

CPLurker
*** Edited 6/5/2005 7:36:52 PM UTC by CPLurker***

"Bring back the Penguins!"

CP Lurker, with the price of gas, you probably would SAVE money by paying the $1.50 service fee as opposed to driving across town and then back.

Rides 2001
Guest Services 2002
www.veronicaspreciousgifts.com

I think that, just as a type of "experiment", on a busy Saturday Cedar Point should charge only $2 for a 20 ounce bottle of pop from the machines. That way they wouldn't have to deal with the above mentioned quarter issues. They then could simply total how much more money (or possibly less, though doubtful) they profited throughout the day. Just think of how many more people would buy a bottle of pop for $2 dollars as opposed to $3. I know I would be about 75% more likely to purchase one if the price was a dollar less.

As stated earlier, the mark-up on soda is huge. They will obviously profit greatly either way, so why not try it?

Coaster Count: 147

This is what i have done. i can go get a cup of water or just by a bottle of water then when that is dine drink in then fill it back up in water foutin then in like give it to a none rider that what wors for me

Wendy Barnhart

No, really. Pulling up old threads is starting to get... well, old.

Michael Darling said:
No, really. Pulling up old threads is starting to get... well, old.

Why the hell does it bother you so much? Everytime someone brings up a topic that has been discussed on this site before, some moron posts a link to an old post. She is doing what all you idiots bitch about, SHE IS USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION! Let it go already. Saying "Thread necrophelia!" evertime is just stupid!

CP Place has been around for many years. On average, we have about two dozen new people signup each week. Now, put that together with the fact that there are only so many "new" discussions that can be had about an amusement park (no matter how big).

There's no rule that a topic can only be discussed once and never talked about again. As long as the person has a valid contribution to an old thread, I don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with bored people resurrecting old posts because they have nothing better to do.

what all you idiots bitch about

Watch the tone.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Well you can actually buy a 20oz fountain soda at any of the food stands and it only costs like 2.60. Thats cheaper than the bottles.

I'd rather stop at a Circle K and pour myself a Polar Pop! ;)

- Uncle Jay

I don't care. I drink water and other drinks than Pepsie in the park.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service