2024 CP ride / attraction anniversary dates...

It's that time of year again for us to realize how old we're becoming..... LOL . Here are some important anniversary dates coming this year for attractions that are still with us.

10 years.... Pipe Scream, Lake Erie Eagles.

25 years.... Camp Snoopy, Planet Snoopy (formerly Peanuts Playground)

30 years... Raptor ( where did that time go?)

35 years... Magnum XL-200

45 years.. Wave Swinger, Wilderness Run (formerly Jr. Gemini). NOW i feel old.

55 years.... Cedar creek Mine ride

60 years.... Blue Streak (seemed like yesterday we were celebrating it's 50th)

Sheeeeeeesh, I remember riding Raptor when it was new on a school field trip. I'm guessing it was 6th or 7th grade.

OnPointFred & Barney along with the disbanded CP PD give a rousing edition of Happy Anniversary!

Midway Carousel, 78 years at the Point, 109 years old......

Also ten years since Jason McClure's first season as GM/John Hildebrandt's first season of retirement.

When did the park make the switch to the scrumpdillyicious chicken tenders? That is a monumental anniversary date. In fact it should be a national holiday.

Cedar Point beach, 154 years as a bathing beach. After retreat of glacial ice, thousands of years old.

What seems weird to me is that, when Millennium Force was going up, Raptor was six-years-old, and that seemed interesting. Now Millennium Force is 24, and Raptor is 30, and Mine Ride was almost that back in 2000. I think maybe the point is that the advances in ride technology and manufacturing were dramatic back then, but now, not so much.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service