2018 CP ride & attraction anniversary dates...

Well, its that slow time of year again! Here's some upcoming anniversaries coming to the park this year for your amusement and/or pondering pleasure. Enjoy!

5th anniversary: Gatekeeper

10: Planet Snoopy

15: Top Thrill Dragster (wow, was that FAST!) See what I did there?

20: Power Tower

25th anniversary: Snake River Falls (yes it's THAT old)

30: the waterpark formerly known as Soak City begins!

(wild walleye, perch plunge & crosscurrent started it all!)

40th: Gemini rollercoaster ( I remember those opening year lines!)

50th: Kiddy Kingdom Carousel, Golden Palace Theater in FT

60: Cadillac Cars

I believe this is also the 55th anniversary of CP&LE Railroad. I also thought I'd add the anniversaries of former attractions:

• 35th: Demon Drop
  • 50th: Frontier Lift, Sky Slide
  • 55th: Mill Race

One day I need to go to Dorney for a spin on my beloved Demon Drop.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

This makes me feel old. I'm only 30, but I feel old hearing that Dragster is 15 years old. I signed the 25th anniversary banner for Gemini... can't believe its 40!

I secretly hope they bring Demon Drop back. Still can't wrap my head around it. I heard Judy K. told Dickey to move it because it was too noisy.

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

Dvo said:

One day I need to go to Dorney for a spin on my beloved Demon Drop.

Be warned it has gotten very rough since it was at CP, I don't think the move treated it well.

Oof. Well that's not what I like to hear. Although it was never really a "smooth" ride. Lots of banging & slamming. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to make innuendo. I thought that was half the fun of that ride; that is, how mechanically silly it was/is.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I was at Dorney for two half days last August, looking forward to Demon Drop, unfortunately it was down both days.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Didn’t Notice any difference when we rode Demon Drop last September. Such a Rube-Goldberg design, gotta love it.

ROUNDABOUND.

I am hoping to get out there this year to ride it as well. I figure it won't be around forever.

As for roughness, I grew up riding Mr. Hyde at Geauga Lake. Can't be worse than that.

So, this is a very long shot... but what are the chances of the park putting the theming back on the Dragster trains for its anniversary. Maybe even for the 20th?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Extremely unlikely.

Purely from a safety standpoint, the extra elements on the train had already demonstrated that it could come off during a ride. There is no way the park is going to take that risk again.

Unless they made it from something other than authentic, million pound, actual tires.
But I still vote no. Remember, each train gained a seat when that nonsense went away.

Well that’s what I was thinking. If they make it out of a lighter material they can still add it and keep the extra seats.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service