2015 attendance 3.51M

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-20-most-popular-amusem...?r=UK&IR=T

Business Insiders story on the top 20 parks in North America puts Cedar Point's 2015 attendance at 3.51M. Also interesting, Cedar Fairs Wonderland, CP & King's Iskand rank as the top 3 seasonal parks.

I thought it's been posted on here that Raptor year was the height of CP attendee at 3.5M, At least that's what I remember reading several times.

If so, the park is making serious headway on returning or surpassing records in attendance as well.

Congrats to the Cedar Fair team on what is truly impressive showings for the Seasonal Parks in North America... Now to work on those Carowinds Numbers.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I believe the Raptor year was still higher but last season had a major spike in attendance and this year appears to be on track to be even higher. Long lines are also the reason I've seen an uptick in complaints on the Facebook page. Hopefully another high capacity coaster or water park expansion helps spread these lines around in the near future.

Last edited by Renegade,

I wonder what the attendance is for Soak City? The reason I'm curious; what price increase to the general admission would justify making Soak City & Cedar Point all one gate? Or is there more to it than that, having to account for possible loss of hotel revenue as people try to squeeze it all into one day (which is a fool's errand)?

ROUNDABOUND.

I think Soak City attendance is right around 400,000, I saw those numbers in an industry publication a while ago.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Per Dick Kinzel, 1994 had 3.6 million visitors which still holds the record as highest attendance. With Cedar Point drawing 3.51 last year, I don't have any doubts that they won't be breaking that record before long. Cedar Point is the most visited season amusement park in the U.S.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Yep. There were 3,618,000 patrons to be exact in 1994 ( I remember the cars parking on the back grass many times,haha!) What's more impressive to me is that for only redoing a rollercoaster (Mantis to Rogarou) in 2015, it now stands as the 2nd highest attendance ever (only 100,000 patrons behind) beating the debut years of MF, TTD, GK and Maverick which is impressive. Maybe CP will look into redoing some of their much needed fixed coasters because of this (hint,MS,hint). We shall see.

They also spent $60M on a hotel somewhere ;)

My guess is that the dining plans have had a bigger effect on attendance than rides or anything else. The people that purchase the passes with the plans must make more visits to break even, compared to if they had just purchased the season pass.

Last year was our first year going to Cedar Point as a family, we visited 15 times and accounted for 90 visits between our entire family.

I agree, that along with multiple day hotel stays, were big contributors to return and multiple visits.

Not many people were coming back just to ride rougaroo again .

But it did help more than Mantis would have. I think it is very positive that attendance is trending upwards again. Let's hope they can keep the momentum going by continuing to spend money on balanced improvements park-wide.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I'd love to know the trend line on number of UNIQUE visitors. I've accounted for I think 7 turnstile clicks this year so far myself and my family has accounted for 20. But we are only three people and a fourth in a stroller. I guess the per cap spending number trending in the right direction tells them what they need to know - the average guest is spending more. I doubt the average local going in for two or three hours a night four or five times a week spends anywhere near the per cap number. I'm just curious how much they actually skew that number down.

-Matt

MDOmnis said:
...the average local going in for two or three hours a night four or five times a week...

Wow does that really happen?!? I wanna be a local!

ROUNDABOUND.

I'm sure it does happen. I was there 25 times last year and I live an hour away.

Wow! I'm in Rochester, NY and our best time to the park is 4.5hrs. Usually closer to 7hrs with the wife & kid. Really wish we lived closer...

ROUNDABOUND.

I see a few people at the resort gate almost every time we're there for the weekend. Retired I would imagine. Definitely locals if they are there as often as I see them. When you only go 3 weekends a year and you see the same people. I would guess they are only there till 2 at the latest. Just getting the ERT and maybe a few bonus rides then going about their day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service