2014 season pass/ free haloweekends

We already have a 2013 pass can we buy our 2014 pass and allow someone to get into halloweekends for free since we have a pass already to get in?

I don't believe it works that way....but I will defer to someone who knows for sure.....

Yes, but you have to skirt the system. Technically PersonA buys the 2014 pass and PersonA gets a free pass this fall.

Buy your 2014 pass, but don't say you're renewing. Just buy a brand new one, then you get your vouchers to print.

The vouchers will have the season pass holder names on them, but nobody at the entry ever looks at the names on those. They just scan and say get the hell moving. So, use your 2013 pass for the people that already have them and the vouchers for those that don't.

I can verify that this does work. We got our friends in a couple weeks ago with our "free ticket" for buying a new '14 pass and we used our '13 passes to get ourselves in. I don't mind going through the new processing every season to get the one free admission, our passes get pretty worn out through the year anways. The barcodes are partially rubbed off on a couple of our passes.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

When you buy a season pass for next year at the gate, is the payment plan still available, or is that an online thing only? Or if you buy online do you still get a voucher to get in free this year?

I'm going to do this on Friday night so I can get my girlfriend in.

Last edited by Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.,

Let's Get Weird.

I was told very specifically that you had to process your new 2014 season pass immediately...go get your picture, physically get your 2014 pass, and it'd scan once for the pictured person in 2013 (and you wouldn't have to process come Spring). I confirmed each of these steps with 2 different employees.

Clearly this was not true for people that actually bought a new 2014 season pass in this thread (they simply got vouchers like every other year). That annoys me...the season pass center employees were either that clueless, or they were lying to protect the free tickets. It's not a big deal, but I hate being told false information, because then I passed on the false information.

I just renewed my 2013 pass for 2014. Will I still be able to use my 2013 pass for the last weekend of this operating season?

Yes, you still have a valid 2013 pass.

Paul

Yes, because it's 2013.

The whole thing creates bad will with long time pass holders. Used to be, we got a renewal discount. Now, we are actually penalized, for having a pass the prior year.

It's not at all about the cost, it's about the lack of appreciation for pass holders. Though, cp has gone above and beyond for pass holders who are club members, this year.

It would have been much less of a problem if they just gave passes to both new and renewals, like the original marketing materials stated. I.e. "Free 2013 Halloweekends pass with a 2014 season pass" became "Free 2013 Halloweekends pass with a NEW 2014 season pass"

I do miss the renewal and whatnot..plus not having a huge hassle at season pass even though apparently this congestion has been alleviated this year with the entrance redo...However, will I still be happy with as cheap of a season pass that platinum is, oh yeah. That enough to me is a great thank you.

Just a little thing that irks though

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

What we do is we buy a ticket and bring s friend for the day. We hold onto the receipt and then at the end of the day, take that to the season pass processing center and use it towards a credit for our passes. Yeah, you get a new card but ours are a mess at the end of the year anyway.

The new pass center worked great for us this spring. Hardly a wait at all. Last year we got 2 vouchers for this years pass. And both had my name on them because I purchased both of them. My wife had no problem using the voucher that was meant for her. If you get your pass processed for next year now then someone else cannot use it though.

I personally will not be getting a pass next year. Just going to take one trip next year. Then in 2015 we'll get passes again. Works out well for us. Gives us time to go to Niagara Falls, Smoky Mountains, Vegas, or the Ocean. We stay on Point every visit so the pass isn't needed unless we make X amount of visits. It is nice to go into the park for early entry before checking out and leaving in the morning. But not for the cost.

We renewed 3 of our passes mid-day yesterday. We had to buy a Jr Platinum pass for my daughter for next year and they sent us right in and we processed her pass right away! Now we have the flexibility of driving straight from MI to Kings Island (before CP opens) without having to go to CP to process next years passes. LOVE IT!

Secondly, I am betting that if your pass is getting worn out to where the scanners won't read them, CP should replace your pass without a problem. Banks can reissue debit cards for the same reason, I don't see why CP can't do the same....

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

They will happily replace your pass if it is damaged, or if the bar code is wearing off. It has happened to me a couple times already.

The only situation where they charge you is if you lose it.

A few weeks ago my pass wasn't able to be read at the original scanner they tried. They tried a different reader and it was fine. Looking at it I can see why it was a problem. I stopped at the season ticket office as I was leaving and walked out with a replacement pass in two minutes.

I processed a "new" 2014 pass on Sunday for the first time since 2010. My current pass is Kings Island, but my fiance's is CP, which means renewing online required paying the ridiculous Accesso fee twice at two different websites.

Anyway, the improvements they've made in the process is lightyears better than how it used to be done. They scanned the barcode on the voucher, snapped my picture, scanned the barcode on the pass, and had me sign it. The whole process was no more than 30 seconds. The last time I processed a pass, they were still keying your info in manually...

My only disappointment (and only because it wasn't mentioned on the website) was you couldn't sign up for the payment plan at the park. You had to purchase online to get that. Just a minor annoyance.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Not sure when it was posted, but checking online, Season/Platinum Passes now have a "Buy Now/Pay Later" option. The payment is due 4/1/14. There's also a $5 discount for each Platinum renewal.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service