2014 Operating Hours

Operating hours for the upcoming season have been published. There's even a few November dates that the park will be open.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/hours-directions/cedar-point

Richie A.

Interesting. But I think it will be open the first weekend of November because Halloween falls on a Friday. But I don't think they ever went into November before. Before I clicked the link, I thought maybe they were trying to test the waters to see if a holiday event would work since many other parks are doing one.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If you looked earlier in the morning, some of the dates have changed.

The park has been open in November for Halloweekends numerous times in the past 10 years.

Last edited by coolkid,

Completely avoid the weekend of October 10-11-12. Check.

Not numerous times in November, only one other time that I can recall.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Nothing really sticks out to me except that the park is closed the day after the Friday where they do the 6-10, does that usually happen?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Maverick00 said:
Nothing really sticks out to me except that the park is closed the day after the Friday where they do the 6-10, does that usually happen?

No, that is not normal.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hmmmmm. A google search for that closed date shows that there is a Triatholon at Cedar Point on Sept. 6 2014.

http://www.active.com/sandusky-oh/triathlon/cedar-point-2014?

Richie A.

Awesome! Bonus weekends in November! :)

Have they always been open till midnight on saturdays in July and August? Or is that something new. I always thought they closed at 10 in the summer. The longer hours those nights will be cool. It's nice to ride the rides at night. In the summer when the sun sets at 930 you don't get much time to ride at night when the park closes at 10. Maybe I have just avoided going on saturdays during the summer because of the crowds.

Going to avoid going Columbus Day weekend for sure!!

Ya, im pretty sure some saturdays have been open until midnight.

Yes they have done that since atleast last year.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Pete said:
Not numerous times in November, only one other time that I can recall.

Actually 2 (2008 & 2009), but I should have used another word.

I just nnoticed that last years park map didn't have operating hours on it like they used to. They used to have the little color coded calendars on them didn't they? I'm sure it's been at least a few years. Not that it really matters now since most people know about the website.

I could have sworn that when I checked the schedule, Sundays duing Halloweekends were 11am-9pm. Now I see they are 11am-8pm. did anyone else notice that? I probably wouldnt have thought twice about it except the key shows dark green 11am-9pm, yet there is no days with those hours....hmmmm. I wish they were open 11am-9pm those Sundays cuz it'd be dark out for a little bit. oh well. :(

Massive Fannibal and Cedar Point lover!!! Lover of Pennywise 2017!

When does the employment process begin for new employees? How early can you start?

Applications for the 2014 season has began. Phone calls have started, but it's still early in the hiring process. Starting dates vary, depending on department. (There are seasonal employees who are already up in Sandusky).

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service