2014 Frontier Trail Brochure

http://pointbuzz.com/c/2014-frontier-trail.aspx

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Really nice to see. Frontier Trail is a gem that really hasn't been promoted enough recently. Good to see that changing.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Absolutely agree. Major kudos to the park for bringing back some of the spirit to The Trail with the addition of the Barnyard, the Tavern, the theme-appropriate area music, the Bluegrass Jamboree and the Frontier Folks.

It might be nice to see Frontiertown get some more "placemaking" touches like a theme-appropriate music loop and more live performers. Whenever the Bluegrass Jamboree played near the Jitney Arcade or Town Hall is brought a lot of genuine energy and smiles from guests.

Last edited by TimChat2,

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

#30 ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Very cool, but couldn't they have left #1 off?
Panda Express doesn't seem too Frontier-y. But maybe I just missed that episode of Little House on the Prairie.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Nice touch. Past management never gave FT the recognition it deserves - (well other than 1 million in Christmas lights). Very few parks have anything like it. I spent many summer evenings this year just sitting in Trail Tavern taking in the charm of the building and listening to MF whiz by. Good times.

It is great to see the Frontier Trail is finally treated as an attraction, not just an asphalt path. Shoot the Rapids only has a number on the map, a bit odd in my opinion.

Not since George Roose and Emil LeGross has the Trail been featured like this. It's good to see that it's being considered an asset again and not just a way to get to the other end of the park.

Awesome to see attention being spent on the "gems" that make Cedar Point unique. The petting zoo revamp is just fantastic and the new wine/beer saloon as well.

While not specifically Frontier Trail, the CP&LE railroad is something I hope in the future will get some attention as part of this themed area. I am old school and remember how great all the animatronics were along the route, but it's been a long time since they received some attention...or maybe even a new story could be told? I've seen the re-conditioning done out at Knott's to their classic flume and dark ride, having some of that magic come to CP would be awesome.

Love, love, love seeing this, and I also love the use of that classic Cedar Point logo.

BayernKurve said:

While not specifically Frontier Trail, the CP&LE railroad is something I hope in the future will get some attention as part of this themed area. I am old school and remember how great all the animatronics were along the route, but it's been a long time since they received some attention...or maybe even a new story could be told?

Wasn't there some rumor of train robberies returning to the train? Knott's has been doing them for years during the ride, which is possible there since the coaches have interior aisles. Worlds of Fun also brought back a staged robbery where the train comes to a complete stop for the brief show. I'm not sure what the logistics would be like for such a thing at Cedar Point.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

If the train stopped at Cedar Point, people would get off. Believe me! And there is poison ivy along the tracks--that would serve them right! LOL

You have to remember that Knott's has Ex-Denver and Rio Grande passenger cars and freight equipment converted to rider use. A train robbery can easily be conducted onboard the train as there is an aisle and they can move car to car. We have open air cars with bench seats and no aisle or gangways between cars. The two cars we had like that were sold do to being slow to load and unload during three train operations. The attempted train robbery we used to do from what I can gather was done on the ground as the train passed. The robbers (who were girls btw) would shoot it out kids on the train that had been deputized and given cap guns. It doesn't appear that train ever stopped.
We do stop all the time for red signals and no highballs and generally don't have a problem with people getting off. Im not sure where there is any poison ivy close to the tracks.

Last edited by cple_engineer,

CP&LE RR Supervisor/Engineer 04-18

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service