2013 Platinum Pass Perks/Ride Nights are Posted!

Hello, friends. :3 I'm new here and I have a question. I can't seem to find where it says that the sit down restaurants will give us 10% by showing our platinum passes. Maybe I'm just blind, but could someone show me? It's not under my list of food deals, either, when I looked it up on the CP site. Thanks in advance, guys!

"we are the music makers & we are the dreamers of dreams."

Ffej said:
I just thought it was worth noting that I was reviewing the Platinum food deals for 2013, and I noticed changes from February.

I just hope they don't change it throughout the season. We're at the park several times a month, and have the deals pretty much memorized. It would be awkward, at best, to ask for a deal, only to have it not honored.

Last edited by t2fastspin,

Ahh. That explains it. Thanks! It kind of sucks cause I was looking forward to that deal. Oh well. Haha.

"we are the music makers & we are the dreamers of dreams."

I'm happy to see the drinks come back with the fry deal. Probably would have cut the number of times I took advantage of that this year.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

^ I agree!

Has anyone heard if the $5 Drinkbands are coming back this year?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I am planning a joint ki and cp trip and will use my cedar fair pass.. Anybody seen a place with the platinum pass benefits for each park all grouped together in one location? Or kis benefits at all for that matter. All I can find is for 2012 season.

Drink Wristbands- $9.99- on the CP website when you click to buy tickets under Special Values and under Meals is an offer for the Drink Wristband- sounds like you buy the cup for $9.99 and get free refills on your first visit and 99 cent refill the rest of the season. HTH

Food deals two weeks ago:

• Buy Chili/Cheese Fries at Fresh Cut Fry Locations and receive a regular Fries
  • Buy a Macho Nacho at Los Gatos Café and receive 2 regular Tacos free
  • Buy a Coasters Classic at Coasters Restaurant and get a regular fries and 20oz soft Drink Free
  • Buy half- dozen cookies at CJ’s Provisions for only $6, or buy one pound of taffy, get a half-pound free
  • Buy one pound of taffy at Sweets & Treats, get a half-pound free
  • Buy any Premium Hot Dog at Pink’s and receive a free 20-ounce Soft Drink
  • Buy two entrées at Chuck Wagon get two free 20-ounce Soft Drinks
  • $1 off Souvenir Vessel and refills at ICEE Mix-it-Up
  • Buy two Stuffed Filled Pretzels at Pretzel Fillers/Gazebo get two free 20-ounce Soft Drinks
  • Buy two Hot Dogs at Corral/Grandstand Refreshments and get two free bags of potato chips
  • Buy a Macho Nacho and soft drink at Saloons and receive a free box of Popcorn
  • Buy a waffle cone at Sweet Tooth/CJ’s Provisions and receive a free cake cone
  • Buy a Slider basket at Burger Patio and receive a free Slider sandwich
  • Buy a Brat or Hot Dog Combo at Hot Dog/Brat Cart and receive a free Hot Dog or Brat
  • Buy two orders of Nachos at Cold Drinks/Coaster Coolers, get two free 20-ounce Soft Drinks
  • 10% off purchase at All Sit-Down Restaurants

Current food deals:

• Buy two hot dogs on-a-stick or cheese on-a-stick and receive two regular soft drinks FREE at Corral, Happy Friar, Dragon’s Inn, or GateKeeper Refreshments.
  • Buy a Coasters Classic and receive a regular order of fries FREE at Coasters.
  • Buy a chili cheese fry and receive a regular order of fries and two regular soft drinks FREE at out fresh cut fry locations (Hot Potato, Mr. Potato, or Happy Friar).
  • Buy a half-dozen assorted cookies for only $6 at CJ’s Provisions.
  • Buy a macho nacho at Los Gatos and receive a taco and regular soft drink FREE.
  • Buy one pound of taffy at Sweets n’ Treats and receive a half pound FREE.
  • Buy any premium hot dog at Pink’s and receive a regular soft drink for FREE.
  • Buy two entrees at Chuckwagon and receive two regular soft drinks for FREE.
  • But two stuffed filled pretzels at Pretzel Fillers or Gazebo and receive two free regular soft drinks for FREE.
  • Buy two hot dogs at Corral or Grandstand Refreshments and receive two bags of potato chips for FREE.
  • Buy a brat or hot dog combo at the Hot Dog or Brat Cart and receive one hot dog or brat for FREE.

It's nice that they added back the free drinks with the fries deal. Unfortunately, they took away the free drink at Coasters, and since that it what I usually do for lunch, that is a shame.

I much prefer the revised list of perks. Though it'd be nice if some kind of small "platinum pass perks here! Ask server for info" style sign was apparent at the available locations. That way platinum passholders could know and find out as well as, perhaps, entice more people to look into getting a platinum pass.

But since I'm not in marketing, I doubt they'd ever do something like that since I'm sure it's actually a bad idea.....in some way. :P

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I agree it would be nice to market the perks via some signage at the various locations. Although this year I'll settle for the employees at the stands actually knowing about the perks. Although that was mostly just a problem in the earlier portion of last season.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Platinum Pass Ride Night Tonight(6/21). Hopefully, I will be off work early enough to head out tonight!

I plan on being there with my goddaughter tonight since my daughter is too small for the big coasters. Been looking forward to it all week.

I usually check the Platinum Perks page every now and then for changes, and I seem to see a price jump in the Platinum Pass. $194.99. I hope there will be some big renewal discounts at the end of the year.

^What was this season's price was for a Platinum Pass when it was purchased last fall?

Last edited by 3snoH un=l,

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

^I believe it was around $165.

We paid $164.99 per platinum pass last year

Wow, $120 more for our family of four! That's a pretty big jump. Do you think this is really the 2014 pass price? It seems that is what they are asking for this late in the season this year. Did the 2013 pass price match up this time last year and/or was it lowered it last October?

It just seems odd they raise the price mid/late season for this year!

Last edited by 3snoH un=l,

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

That was their fall reduced price. KI gold passes were $79.99 in October but jumped to $99.99 when the season was over

I wish CP offered a "Gold Pass". Platinum benefits just for Cedar Point.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Kings Island and a couple other of the old Paramount Parks are discontinuing the Gold Pass. The only mention of it on the Kings Island website is under the "Gold and Platinum Pass Perks" sheet.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service