2013 Operating Calendar

The 2013 calendar for Cedar Point has been posted! It doesn't look like they're open until 11pm on Friday nights like last year in July? Maybe I'm wrong?? I do like that they seem to have more dates open until midnight...

Take a look here! http://www.cedarpoint.com/hours-directions/cedar-point

First rollback on Dragster July 23 2003 since then 15

Closing day on the 27th of Oct. Man, that's early. I wonder when the calendar will shift to the one week later? For example, I remember a few years ago when Halloween was on a Sunday and that was also closing day. But what about if Sunday was Nov 1?

I'm gonna get screwed one of these years and have to miss closing weekend in order to be home with the kids for Trick or Treating.

It varies year by year but has gone into November in the past I believe (like the 1st). With Halloween on a Friday this year year could add another weekend.

Halloween is a Thursday this coming year, which is why I think they're probably closing on Oct. 27th. Halloween 2014 is on a Friday, so I'd imagine that they'll be open that weekend. With the amount of guests (and their money) that Halloweekends brings in, I'd imagine they want to squeeze as many weekends into the season as they can.

I can remember years back being at the park on Halloween which was a Friday making closing day November 2. It will likely happen that way in 2014.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

MaverickLaunch said:

I'm gonna get screwed one of these years and have to miss closing weekend in order to be home with the kids for Trick or Treating.

Yeah, that will really suck to have to be with your kids trick or treating instead of at some place that's been there well over a hundred years.

Some people's priorities are seriously out of whack.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

^I'm sure he was joking. Chill dude.

Well, there wasnt no smiley. And to tell you the truth, I would give up ever going to another amusement park for a chance to take my son I lost a few years ago to a drunk driver trick or treating or watching him open up his christmas presents.

He should be thankful to be able to still do those things, CP is not all that important.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

Do you enjoy starting arguments on here?

Anyway... It looks like HalloWeekends will be starting on Friday the 13th this season!!

Last edited by SSL488,

Vince982 said:
I can remember years back being at the park on Halloween which was a Friday making closing day November 2. It will likely happen that way in 2014.

That was 2008, the only season thus far to have 8 weeks of Halloweekends. I'm sure we'll see that repeated in 2014.

Anyone else notice that the hours for Columbus Day weekend are the same as every other weekend? No extended hours on that Sunday like they usually do.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I'm guessing that internal market research backs it up, but I find it strange that the park feels not enough people will go to an early-November Halloweekends if Halloween falls on the previous Thursday.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Corkscrew Follies said:

Yeah, that will really suck to have to be with your kids trick or treating instead of at some place that's been there well over a hundred years.

Some people's priorities are seriously out of whack.

Sorry for your loss man, that's awful. But don't take it out on me. I wouldn't miss trick or treating, but that doesn't mean I can't lament missing closing weekend. I mean, we're all on this forum because we love the place, right?

Sorry to drag this back up, but I noticed the hours for Columbus Day Sunday have been corrected and are now listed as 10A-10P, as that day normally is.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service