2013 Getaway Guide

I got a couple of them in the mail today. I was surprised to see there weren't any coupons for discounts on ticket prices. A couple friends and I have started getting Season Passes, but we usually have different friends who'll go with us who would use them.

I got 4 in the mail. Not nearly as many coupons than in years past. The 2012 Getaway guide had 36 coupons, and the 2013 guide only has 12.

No coupons for admission. There goes my popularity for 2013.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

I ordered one but haven't gotten it yet, I live in NC do you think its just beacuse I live farther away?

got 2 today, sure isnt the guide from a few years ago!

I go two as-well. I remember last years guide offering a much better variety and quantity of tickets. It seems like they want all they can get to pay for GateKeeper.

Last edited by Cedar King,

I'm actually surprised they still print them. Nothing in there that isn't on the web or can't be put on the web. Seems like a waste of money.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Yeah, Getaway Guides went from being ridiculously thick in the late 90's/early 00's to being what, a four-fold oversized brochure that exists only for the tickets now?

They definitely lost something in the anticipation factor, as I remember the younger me going nuts over seeing the revised park map and big coaster pictures each year. I'm also trying to remember what year they dropped the coupons and ads for the other local hotels and restaurants too.

Definitely a disappointment. Can't be worth the postage any more.

I wish they would have more stuff in the Getaway Guides. I don't mind the information on GateKeeper at all, but having so much of it dedicated to the different CP Resorts you can stay at is silly.

There should be more coupons, especially the ones for admission, or even one for ride pictures. My friends and I have used that one for the past few years. And having a new park map in it would be fantastic.

Silly? Which thing dramatically increases spending? Hotels! Seems to me that's exactly where they should spend marketing dollars.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

This year's Getaway Guide has an excellent picture of some friends of mine. What more do you need? :)

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Jeff: Of course they should talk about their Resorts and all that, but so much space on the Getaway Guide did not need to be for JUST that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service