2009 Souvenir Park Maps

Does anybody have an extra 2009 souvenir park map I can purchase? I have one from every season going back to the early 90's but I was told at every shop I stopped in on Saturday that they were sold out for the season. So far eBay and the CP store has produced no results. Anyone?

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

When I couldn't find a map in early August, I was told by a store employee that they were already sold out but to check the online store where they are nowhere to be found.

I also checked again last Friday in the park at a few stores but had the same problem. I wonder why the park sold out so fast this year. I can normally get a souvenir map every year with no problems in August or September.

2007 - Everywhere in Zone 1 and Millennium Force
2008 - Millennium Force

I experienced the exact same problem this year. First season since at least 1997 that I haven't been able to purchase the park map. I usually buy at least 3 or 4.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

That's very strange. Last year or the year before, every online order from the Marketplace got a free souvenir map. Maybe they ordered less this year so they wouldn't have so many extra but ordered too many less?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Can anybody vouch from first hand experience that the park even printed new maps for this year? When I tried to buy some toward the end of May, I was told they weren't in yet. Then, just as danman reported, when I attempted again in August, they were "sold out".

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Yes they printed them, and I have one. It is printed with the 20th anniversary logo for the Magnum, and does have the Starlight Expirence listed on Frontier Trail.

Diane

I can't remember if I bought one for 2009. I have maps every year back to 1989, so I'll be pretty mad at myself if I forgot this year. I'm going to have to check on that.

It looks like we have the makings of a collector's item going on here.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

Yeah, I can also vouch that they did print new maps this year. I must have bought like 5 of 'em... they're around here somewhere haha. :)

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

poiuyt said:Yes they printed them, and I have one. It is printed with the 20th anniversary logo for the Magnum, and does have the Starlight Expirence listed on Frontier Trail.

I think you're thinking of the park map, not the souvenir map. I mean, I'm not sure, but the park map has the 20th anniversary magnum logo on the map itself. The souvenir does not. The "promotional flap" has the magnum logo on the right, an outline of maverick with an "11 year golden ticket award" logo on the left, and finally a skyline silhouette in the background.

I do have the souvenir map. I did not describe it very well. I looked at your description, and it was a very good description.

Diane

^Haha, alright cool. Just checking, and thanks I try. :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service