2009 Operating Season Schedule

Im usually on the ball for watching out for when Cedar Point posts their next seasons schedule, but ever since I had my daughter a few years back I have been slacking. Could anyone please remind me when they post it again?? So that way I can plan my trips down there with my daughter and her father.

Cedar Point Alumni 2002

The only thing we know for sure is opening day is May 16th according to Tony and Tyler's blog.

2001-2003 C.P. Admissions - Resort Gate
2004 Put-In-Bay
2005 Nothing Seasonal
2006-2007 Mt Rushmore, SD

Seems kind of late doesn't it?

This from Tony on the blog, "We will have roughly the same number of operating days in 2009 as we did in 2008, but the way the calendar falls makes it look like we're opening late."

That being said, the last time they opened this late was the year Ocean Motion opened. 1981

2008 - May 10th; 2007 - May 12th; 2006 - May 4th; 2005 - May 5th; 2004 - May 8th; 2003 - May 4th; 2002 - May 5th; 2001 - May 6th; 2000 - May 13th; 1999 - May 9th; 1998 - May 10th; 1997 - May 10th; 1996 - May 11th; 1995 - May 13th; 1994 - May 7th; 1993 - May 8th; 1992 - May 9th; 1991 - May 11th; 1990 - May 5th; 1989 - May 6th; 1988 - May 7th; 1987 - May 9th; 1986 - May 10th; 1985 - May 11th; 1984 - May 12th; 1983 - May 15th; 1982 - May 15th; 1981 - May 16th

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Instead of looking at the actual date, look at the time between opening day and Memorial Day weekend. Its been the same for a while now, its due to a freak of the calendar that May has 5 weekends next year. Its open for the same amount of time, and remember we will probably have a November close again this year (Sun Nov. 1st) so they are also closing the second latest that they ever have.

It always seemed to me that CP generally opened on Mothers Day weekend ( of course my mom was always mad because I chose CP over Mothers Day). Don't worry, I am not that bad of a person, we just celebrated Mothers Day on Saturday instead.. :)

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

It's not quite (using hypnosis voice) "you're not noticing anything different ... it's all the same ..." 2009 is the same calendar as 1987 and 1998, both which had earlier openings. But I understand the explanation, and the fact that the park is much better off being open in late October than in early May.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

^ That is true. Attendense wise it is much smarter to do it that way. If you remeber though, the start of this season was a little rough on the maintenece side of things. It took them 2-3 weeks to really get everthing straightened out. It is easy to do that when most of the crowds are season pass holders really early in the year. It is always good to have a couple of weeks that are walk on. Anyways not a really big deal, but they need to make sure that rides aren't breaking down like crazy opening day 2009 like opening day 2008. I swear that day, there were points were it seemed 1/2 the rides were down. Other than that i though rides ran very well through the summer. Breakdowns seemed to be down this year. Maybe i just got lucky.

You should always show your mom love over Cedar Point.

That's what she said.

I wish that they would open for weekends earilier. I know that Ohio weather has it own plan.

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

raptorqueen said:
It always seemed to me that CP generally opened on Mothers Day weekend ( of course my mom was always mad because I chose CP over Mothers Day). Don't worry, I am not that bad of a person, we just celebrated Mothers Day on Saturday instead.. :)

The solution in our family is to take mom to CP for her day. It has become our tradition. She is not happy that we can't take her there next year.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Better to go on Mother's Day than on Father's Day. :)

Let's Get Weird.

I'm a mom with 2 small kids and I always go opening weekend. A couple years in a row I went by myself just because I wanted the alone time. Now that my oldest is getting tall enough to ride he may start joining me in a couple years. To me Mothers Day is just a hallmark holiday. My mom knows I love her, I tell her every time we talk...not just once a year. And when she moves back from Arizona she'll come with me to CP.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Better to go on Mother's Day than on Father's Day. :)

Ditto.

Eh. Just send mom some flowers and you're good to go, I've found. Besides, Memorial Day is soon after, so if you don't live near your mom you can visit that weekend. And I've actually heard that Father's Day is quite empty in terms of attendance, so maybe that's a good weekend to go...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

If you have never been on Father's Day, I would recomend it. But you will never make that mistake again.

Diane

Some people are such bigots. Get over yourselves.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

There are just some subtle hints being dropped in a polite manner. I think most people (regardless of what side of the fence that they fall on) would want a friend to tip them. At the same time I think most of the members know what the significance is and stirring it up into a flame war is not necessary.

Last edited by Ricko77,

It's never a mistake to go to CP...I don't care whose there.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service