2009 brochure

Has it been released yet. I am wondering what it will look like and if their will be a new slogan or theme. I would think it should be out pretty soon.

I dont think the Getaway Guide is released until mid April.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

The brochures are out now, I picked one up at the plaza on the Turnpike Saturday night. Look for me on the Halloweekends page. :)

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/visit/brochures.cfm

read the red print, it wont be out until March.

-Marty

#1 Millennium Force #2 Maverick #3 Top Thrill Dragster

Why would they give out the brochure, if they haven't even announced what is new for '09.

2008-Mantis/Millennium Force/SkyRide/Magnum XL-200 crews/Corkscrew Crews!
2009-Mantis ATL

"Riders on the train please stand up your seats are locking in 3...2..1!"

Because nothing significant is happening in 2009.

I am definitely holding a 2009 brochure in my hands from the turnpike Plaza. It mentions Magnum's 20th anniversary and the 13th year for Halloweekends

I'll be on the Turnpike in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure to grab one.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I'll be on the turnpike Wednesday. I'll be on the look out.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

I too am holding a '2009 CP Brochure' in my hand as well.

It has TTD and Gemini on the front cover, with a '11 Years Golden Ticket Award of the World's Best Thrills' logo in the lower right hand corner.

As you open it, you will see a two page picture of Magnum with 'Happy Birthday Magnum! 20 years of Hypercoaster Thrills -- 20th Anniversary Magnum XL-200 1989-2009'

Also on that page is a short paragraph on 'The BEST kid stuff'.

The next page has the All Wheels Extreme show at the top and Snoopy's Big Bow-Wow Ice skating show at the bottom.

The page after that has: '13 Years of Monster Fun' HalloWeekends at the top. Next to that is a very ugly looking Bat screamster and below that picture is Green faced farmer? And then Linus and Sally in the Parade.

Flip the page again and you will find Soak City, Challenge Park, and Castaway Bay.

The last page is the typical small map and directions, information on Season's Passes, and CP website information.

Kinda sad to see this Brochure with nothing new. Not one thing. :(

Maybe this would be a good year to skip the Season's Passes and the few trips a year from Central Michigan. :(

"I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks." - Pete Babic (RIP)

"The joint on the site of the old antique cars is the tits." - Jeff Putz

I'm pretty sure that ugly looking bat thing is not a character at CP. But the "green faced farmer" would be me. Figures the one weekend in 5 years that I didn't have my regular mask is the weekend they take a picture of me that actually gets used.....

I've not seen the '09 brchure yet, but it seems the focus is on Magum's 20th anniversary from the descriptions above. That's actually better than adding a new thrill ride, and brings the attention to what really started CP's success for the last two decades. Despite Camp Snoopy, a very similar situtation occurred for the 1999 season for Magnum's 10th birthday. Next year will obviuosly be a greater chance of anything major being added to the park, hopefully a flume! :)

That's crazy. I usually don't see my getaway guide until about 2 weeks before opening day. That's when I really get the fever. Now I'm just even more heartbroken. Cmon, May. Get here quick!

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

The Group guide is out.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/_upload/pdf/2009_large_group_catering_guide.pdf

You can see the Magnum 20 logo on the second page. There is also a 2009 park map where you can see there are no new rides.

There is, however, one thing missing. The Finance building (the white building between Planet Snoopy and the old Cedar Fair HQ) is missing from the 2009 map but was present on the 2008 map.

Is it being torn down? That is one of the oldest buildings on the point.

EDIT: Sorry about the link, it should be fixed now.

Last edited by YeeHaw,

YeeHaw!

Maverick Rides: 4

Page not found.

From CP's brochure page:

Our 2009 Getaway Guide and Rack Brochures will be available in April. Your request will be processed at that time. Cedar Point, Castaway Bay and Geauga Lake’s Wildwater Kingdom rack brochures are available in bulk quantities.

Brandon

http://www.cedarpoint.com/_upload/pdf/2009_large_group_catering_guide.pdf

There was an inadvertent "You" at the end of the link.

YeeHaw said:

Is it being torn down? That is one of the oldest buildings on the point.

Not sure if it's gone yet, but it will be.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

From a functional standpoint it is no loss. But, from an asthetic and historical point of view I think it is a bit of a shame. That "quiet" area near the employee cafeteria, executive offices and the finance building was a little gem. In the way that the trail is losing it's charm so too will this area.

You can't stand in the way of progress...but it is a shame.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

If I signed up to get the Getaway Guide last year will I get it in the mail again this year without having to do anything?

Cedar Point X
Can't Wait!!!

Not a 100% sure but I think you need to order one each year. This is what I do.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

That building between mean streak and gemini is gone on the map as well... grass is there now... and corkscrews path is different... after the loop theres a hill... any ideas why? and look at wicked twister, the train is facing down on the back spiral now... and the dragster train has no spoiler on the map like years past...

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache,
4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

Maybe CP is cutting out some of the non-public buildings on the map. Maybe they are saving the dime they would have spent to print the two buildings on the new coaster for 2010.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service