2007 PARKING PASS QUESTION

I'm sure this may have already been discussed, but can someone verify if they are now attaching the parking pass to the season pass? Last I heard there were a large number of complaints on the parking pass stickers being attached to your car and CP was considering attatching the parking pass to the season pass once again.

Yes

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Although there have been other threads established about this topic, I will go ahead and answer your question here. Parking passes are now ONLY imprinted on the pass, there are no stickers. That may differ for employees, but as far as the general public the above applies.

and they are still putting stickers on employees

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

I picked up my season pass/parking pass last week, and the card itself looks no different than my son's season pass.

I asked the man working at the pass center, and he said the 'parking' pass is encoded in the bar code on the pass. I assume the pass will be scanned by the toll attendant when you arrive (which, unfortunately, will slow me down every trip). I will venture a guess that the card will only scan once per day, like the season pass when you enter the park.

My apologies is this has already been discussed in another thread. I'm having trouble with the 'search' function on the site.

Guest Of Exceptional Size

Actually I do believe the parking pass can be scanned more than once during the day. This will allow the guest to leave the peninsula and return without having to pay. Guests have always been allowed to go to the mian land and return the same day without having to pay again for parking. The only thing to remember is that in order for the parking pass to be valid the person pictured on the pass must be in the car.
*** Edited 5/6/2007 5:47:52 PM UTC by cprules00***
*** Edited 5/6/2007 5:48:41 PM UTC by cprules00***

From everything I have heard, the card will scan at the tolls as many times as you want during a day. I suppose if you go in and out 10 times a day with different people in your car each time it may raise a red flag, but as long as you follow the rules you should be fine.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

so, can you use one pass for different cars?

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

Yes, as long as the person pictured on the pass is in the vehicle.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Guest of Exceptional Size, if your pass has parking on it, it should be marked with either a P or OP under the picture even if it is encoded in the bar code, at least that's the way it is on mine.

-Paul

Coasterfan,

I have parking on my Max Plus Pass, there are no letters for parking at cedar point.

I asked the guy at the season pass center, he told me to have one of the photo workers scan my card, and she will show me it has parking on it.

When she scanned the card there were three squares on the screen.

Local Parking, Ohio Parking, and one other I don't recall.

When my card scanned the Local Parking was "GREEN"

Ohio parking was "RED"

To verify what I saw was correct, I had them scan my son's card without parking on it,

and the Local Parking, Ohio Parking were "RED" on monitor.

Just wanted to let you know that the "P" isn't necessarily on the car

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

It may not be there, and still function, but according to the back of the card, it should be there, whether you have Cedar Point parking only, or all Ohio parking.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Mine says that on the back as well. It sounds like they might be doing some cards different than others.

-Paul

What if the person that has the Parking Pass isn't driving; can they use it in the Car they came to the Toll Booth?

DBCP said:
Yes, as long as the person pictured on the pass is in the vehicle.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service