2007 CP brochure

When I attended the park on Sunday, I actually read the brochure while waiting for the Ice show to begin.

I had a little chuckle when I read the part about handicapped parking. The brochure stated that if you needed handicapped parking, that you should put your hazzard lights on and the traffic person will direct you.

Now, do first-timers actually sit in the parking lot and read that brochure before they enter the park, let alone their parking spot? It seems to me that they would already be inside the park by the time they read about handicapped parking. Before then, they wouldn't know a thing about putting their hazzards on.

It's not an issue with us, we don't need handicapped parking, however maybe they should have a sign regarding this posted at the toll booth if there's any confusion? Or does the toll booth employee inform them of this?

I'm sure that if a toll booth host notices a handcapped sign in their rear-view mirror they would alert them to that procedure.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I also suspect that many of the people who need handicapped parking check into the issue before they get to the park.

Speaking of the brochure. I was wondering how they take the photos of the rides with riders on it. Most of the riders have their hands down, which is the proper way to ride.

Now what I was wondering is, does someone come into the station and alert those on that train what they are doing and to please keep their hands down? Or is it just by luck when they take the pictures.

Most of the pictures used for promotional uses are taken either before the park opens or after it closes, even sometimes during pre-season. And everyone on the train are employees. While I was working there I was involved in the photo shoot for MaxAir, it was fun to be able to ride over and over but after the 20th ride it starts to get boring :)

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

I would think those are staged shots. They get a group of riders who will agree to keep their hands down and ride holding on with both hands.

I would just think they'd ask as they were driving in, or stop the car to ask the attendant.

thank you for your responces

In 1999, they did a bunch of photo shoots. Magnum, Mean Streak, Iron Dragon, Corkscrew, Raptor, Mantis, and Wave Swinger. We employees were asked if we wanted to do it from like 7-9am. We got paid hourly to ride the ride over and over and over but we had to hang on and no yelling (just like when you test ride a ride).

My picture used to be on the pop machine inserts (on Magnum), and in this years brochure they still use the Mean Streak, Gemini and Magnum photo shoot from 1999 which is fine by me! :)

AND.. on the season pass envelopes, the Mean Streak photo shot was also from 1999.

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

So why don't they ever use any of the photos taken by the camera on the Magnum for the brochure? LOL

My husband always likes to lift his shirt and expose his very hairy chest and stomach for the Magnum pic.

The last time he lifted his shirt, they blocked his pic out!! He was wondering why so I told him..."Maybe when they saw your chest, they thought you were just a very hairy girl".

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service