2006 Magic Mountain "The New Coaster Capital Of The World"!

Will CP losse their title? Looks likely that MM is building a new coaster for 06.

No. Reasons?

1. CP might put in another coaster too.
  2. SFMM may be getting rid of Flashback

I just like the sesnsational tone of my topic. It would be freaky if that did happen though.

Hasn't CP lost their title for this record in the past? When SFMM became the "Xtreme" park? (or whatever they marketed it as)

BTW, what's "losse"?

Nope

Even if SFMM were to have more coasters, it wouldn't really make them the "coaster capital of the world" would it? I mean don't the rides have to be operational?

"Ive got the need, the need for speed!"

I don’t think SFMM could ever be called Coaster Capital of The World. It’s not exactly known as a world renowned park(except for X and all) and it doesn’t really take the best care of its coasters.
It may have 16 of them....well actually 15 on account of Flashback, which I too also think might be in the process of removal. So if there is a coaster in store for them, they would still be tied with Cedar Point ......[edit] number of coasters I mean, not their quality[/edit].

*** Edited 8/8/2005 3:42:11 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Who cares? I'm not turning this into a Six Flags bash-fest, but the park...well...sucked. Not only were X, Deja Vu, Superman, Ninja, and Batman all closed in JULY, but they had zero to ride besides coasters and the employees were terrible. It takes more to make a great park than just having the most coasters.

Cedar Point rocks my socks.

"Coaster Capital of the World" doesn't mean: Park with the Most Coasters. It means the best place to ride roller-coasters, which is merely someone's opinion, or a place's slogan. In my case, CP will still be the CCOTW.

-S. Eagle

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

Cedar Point will always have that Coaster Capital of the World Title just because of the rollercoasters that Cedar Point has brought us. I mean even when Gemini was popular, so was Cedar Point. They have a long History and have been around Longer than Six Flags Magic Mountain. I don't want to bash Six Flags because I think they have great parks and great service. Call me crazy if you want to, but I think they are good in service. Yeah they are little rough when it comes to maintnance, but still they do have Good Parks. The one park I'm worried about though is Six Flags Great Adventure. If Six Flags Magic Mountain Desides they don't have room anymore, then look out. You'll start seeing more coasters pop up over there.

it wont be called that name anyways, im VERY sure CP and CF have copyrights and trademarks for the"the coaster capital of the world" already made. SFMM is going downhill anyways, they wont rise above CP in a LONG time.

It appears SFMM is in the process of taking down "Freefall," one of the original freefalls.

The Amazement Park

ragan said:SFMM is going downhill anyways, they wont rise above CP in a LONG time.

How is Six Flags Magic Mountain goind down hill?

To say SFMM isn't as known as CP is stupid. Maybe over there in Michigan and Ohio thats true, but not for the rest of the country. The name "Six Flags" is the most famous name in the world of Amusement not counting Disney. Mostly because of its many locations. Nonetheless, people who know about Six Flags also know about Magic Mountain, because of its many coasters. SF is way more well known than CP, thats true. If they have 17 coasters and CP only has 16, SFMM wins.

*yawn* Do these topics need to keep coming up? Who the hell cares?

SFMM Suxxxxxx! But it was Wallyworld in CV so it kicks a!

...here we go again...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Does it really matter how many coasters there are, as long as you have a good time?

Also, I hate those parks that count those really small coasters, (such as just a track that completes a small circle) as a real roller coaster:).

CP Rocks, and is the Coaster Capital of the world!!!!!!!

The best kind of prize is a SUR-prise.
-Willy Wonka

Maybe this topic should be deleted. I don’t think we need to be talking about this. This is a CP enthusiast board where we talk about Cedar Point.....enough said.
If SFMM takes the title....so what, Cedar Point still has some of the best.....Right?

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Newsflash... no one in Ohio or Michigan cares.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service