2005 Season

Wow. 2005 was an up and down season for CP with a lot of changes.

Ok let's start with DD. Out of the blue CP decides to sell it for a measley 100,000. Another classic that might be gone.

Freeway is now gone. I have no reason why but maybe it's price cuts and CP maybe doesn't want to pay the people that used to work there See you freeway!

Top Thrill Dragster had a great season up unitl September then it went down hill closing for the rest of the year except for a weekend in October(right?).

maXair was a great addition to the WT midway. No one used to ever go there. And now it's busier than ever. Still need to do something about DT........

The closing of WWL also shocked me because it's one of the few great family rides around. When you go on it people always say "You'll get wet, but not soaked."

Then the hightest point of CP's 05' season was the announcing of Skyhawk. I think this is a great addition to that side of the park. And maybe during Halloweekends since all the water rides except WWL(gone now though) are closed down. This ride will keep it busier there.

If anyone has any thoughts or comment please contribute to the thread.

sorry:

http://pointbuzz.com/cpplace.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=17553

I only went twice this year but I had a blast both times. I loved Maxair and the impact it had on the surrounding area.

I HATE Six Flags said:
Out of the blue CP decides to sell it for a measley 100,000.

Add another measly $150,000 to that total by the way.

The Amazement Park

About Freeway, didn’t CP technically say it was closed for this season? I could have sworn I heard people, on here, say that it might be reinstated for next year. Is that true or am I just crazy?

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'm pretty sure it's gone forever. They took out the posts that the sign was screwed in to in Millennium's queue and poured concrete back in the holes the posts left.
*** Edited 11/10/2005 2:15:46 AM UTC by TheTitan_04***

Millennium Force Crew '06!
Raptor Crew '05
Middle Tennessee State University
Nashville Predators 2006: It's GO TIME! Death before I'm a Red Wings fan!!

I still see no logical reason why freeway was stopped.

The "cost" argument makes no sense.

Thats the only thing I will miss about 2005.

I don't think the freeway system worked accurately. They tried to make a "fast pass" system but it didn't cut it, especially with weather and technical down town. Plus waiting in line for 45 minutes to get a stamp was a joke.

The Amazement Park

DemonDroppin' said:

I HATE Six Flags said:
Out of the blue CP decides to sell it for a measley 100,000.

Add another measly $150,000 to that total by the way.

Yeah you're right. Somehow I thought it was 100 grand. Oh well. Still........pretty cheap for a great ride.

Just you guys hang tight. I'm sure whatever replaces Freeway will be long overdue and MUCH appreciated ;-)

-Josh

Q-Bot! Q-Bot! ;)

-Tambo

^ACK! no way.

It'll probably be WAY easier to manage than freeway, and have less pissed off people (at least I hope...)

-Josh

Uh oh Josh. Don't make promises you don't intend to keep. ;)

I never made any promises, I just said that [whatever it is] it would probably be easier to manage than freeway and that hopefully people wouldn't be so pissy because a group got "cutsies" at the merge point ;)

-Josh

*** Edited 11/11/2005 2:03:17 AM UTC by e x i t english***

Technically, Skyhawk wasn't announced during the 05 season, it was announced the first day of the off season, again, if you want to get technical :).

If they did indeed get rid of Freeway forever, they need to get ride of the old lanes because I saw countless people walking down then being denied by the CP person sitting there.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I can see CP going the six flags way with freeway. Six Flags makes some good change with that system. It would make sense. Lower admission cost, but offer express rides at an additional cost. Plus with all the press on the VIP package, I'm sure CP saw some interest from the rich. Should be interesting. Someone should ask the On point blog guys.

2004,2005 Food Services
2006 One Long visit

IMHO, q-bot would cheapen the atmosphere of CP and make it feel like another Six Flags. I guess with the current state of operations, that's not too far off, but I think whatever CP has in store to take the place of freeway will be leaps and bounds better than Q-Bot.

-Josh

SRF is also open during Halloweekends. Not sure why anyone would ride it in October, but there were actually some people on it closing Saturday. The sad part is they just keep cycling empty boats, thats got to get boring pretty quick.

Goodbye MrScott

John

My question is, if no one really rides it, why wast the money on electricity, water, etc...Wow, I mean, if like 100 people got on it every weekend, I might understand that, but when maybe 10 or 20 go on it every weekend, it seems silly to keep it open.

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Plus it's a ride that gets you soak. Even 60 degree temps. for highs would bo sooooo cold for being soaked. And in October it can get to low as 40.

e x i t english said:
IMHO, q-bot would cheapen the atmosphere of CP and make it feel like another Six Flags. I guess with the current state of operations, that's not too far off, but I think whatever CP has in store to take the place of freeway will be leaps and bounds better than Q-Bot.

-Josh

Who said that a replacement for freeway is coming?

~the clean up crew~

P.S. What is Q-Bot?

I will now return to my duties as a garbage man.
MF:25 TTD:19 WT:1 MXA:4 Raptor:15 DD:10 MS:10

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service