2002 Improvements (Besides The New Ride)

Since we've all got swept up in the hype for the new "ride" next year, I was wondering about all the other improvements would be for next year. All I can seem to remember are that Mantis will be painted (and all those damn cob-webs will be cleared out from the que area).

Additionally, Cedar Point is investigating ways to improve capacity on Disaster Transport, but It looks doubtful. If anything, they'll spruce up the line a bit.

Also, I've heard that the Yo-Yo puch game will be installed in some new locations. Anything else? I'm sure that some new shops will apear in the midway around the new ride (Ya know, that midway ;)).

-------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
http://www.jesms.cjb.net

I've heard on more than one account that they'd like to do a sit-down restaurant in Magnum's neighborhood. That would certainly make sense to me, since the next closest are Lusty Lil's and Macaroni's.

-----------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
"As far as I can tell it doesn't matter who you are. If you can believe, there's something worth fighting for..." - Garbage, "Parade"

I'm hoping that they'll fix up the whole Mantis queue area as well.  That was one of the very few areas in the park that was rather disgusting this summer.  The cobwebs, the faded awnings, the broken fans, the video system that is never uncovered, etc all contribute to this.  The smelly lagoon doesn't help either, but that can't be done away with.  I don't think it was any fault of the Mantis crew either, because most of the times when I rode this summer, I saw someone either knocking down cobwebs or fishing bottles out of the lagoon.  Also, speaking of capacity - Mantis is the ride they should be looking to improve upon, more so than DT in my opinion.

The sit down restaraunt by Magnum would be a good idea also.  I don't know how many people came up to me at entrance this summer asking where the closest place to get a beer was. 

I'd also like to see bin rentals (for those stupid large stuffed animals) back by the Resort gate so employees in the back of the park don't have to sound like bafoons telling people to walk up front and put it in a bin.

I'd also like to see the back side of the ticket gate up front refinished.  It looked when I left like they might be doing this since they had put up the LED board with the hotel logos.  It fits very nicely with the scheme of the new front gate, but not the back side of the ticket gate.

-----------------
-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

*** This post was edited by MDOmnis on 10/16/2001. ***

Millenium Island would be a great place for a restaurant.  What a view it could have!
How about a Lemon Chill stand at the top of MF?  =^)
You would think that DTs line would decrease even a little more with a new ride going in..... Then again, the opposite might be true with more people being drawn to that area.

-------------
I was super before Superstew was cool!

I heard from a very reliable source that because they are losing the diving show next year, an ice skating show featuring the Peanuts characters would be added.  Where...? I don't know.  I did some checking and Knott's Berry Farm already has this, so it seems logical that CP could copy that show.
-----------------
Hotel Breakers 2001
One would assume there would be a loss of the dive show when the arena it is held in is razed for the new ride...:)

-------------
MF count: 23

Yea, I forgot about that restaurant near Magnum, Jeff, thanks. I heard some (unsubstantiated) rumors that the restaurant would replace the Dodgems back there.

-------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
http://www.jesms.cjb.net

I remember a while ago hearing about making an ice rink back by the Swan Boats (or maybe even to replace them).  That could be what you are talking about, BreakersBoy.  There was one week when there were a few threads about Swan Boats rumors, you can do some searching to find them...
-----------------
Steuks!!
VertiGo flights: 4
MF: 28
what about the fountains?
They can't kill the swan boats! I still have to pull some hopelessly romantic manuver back there with my gurl :)

-------------
Tommy Penner - Idiot Extraordinare!
http://coolforce.cjb.net -- The Most Important Internet Web Site.... EVER.
"It's kinda like selling your car for gas money."

ahhh...the ice skating show    lol

Steve Sergent
MF count: 156

I would like to see them take out the trims on Mean Strak and Mantis, they ruin the whole ride!!! I don't know, but does the cabin on the Space Spiral still turn? It wasn't spinning when I was there. Maybe some GIANT lockers (for all of those huge stuffed animals), more flat rides, re-theming to the DT area, do something with that whole Mantis thingy, somehow make Corkscrew smoother and better, and speed up the lift on Iron Dragon. There are probably a million other things, but that's all that comes 2 mind!!
As for other 2002 improvements starting now, the Gemini station looks to be getting a new coat of paint. If the rumors are true, another steel coaster should be getting a new paint job, probably Mantis.  And let us not forget about the fence posts around the backside of the Coliseum.  I have a hunch they might acutally have a purpose in the near future.  Can anyone say "rerouted midway"? 
-----------------
Scott W. Short, Rail Junkie
mailto:scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com
I'm not too sure about that Scott.. The walkway is pretty small. Not to mention there are already parts to allow hanging of gates on both ends of the "walkway".

I see gates goign up and this being an employee's only area as it allows access to the arcade games "fix-it" shop and the Live E offices and rehearsal areas.

-------------
"If you don't shut up, I'll have you removed from the park."
MF total - 476 laps
VertiGo Launches - 79
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100

I agree with this area being a future backstage area, but it would also serve the purpose of being a midway detour (which it does now) if they decide to rope off the midway in front of the stadium and aquarium during deconstruction, that is if deconstruction starts before 10/28.

-----------------
Scott W. Short, Rail Junkie
mailto:scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com

Oh, I thought of another improvement that has been mentioned before.  Restore the air conditioning in the Space Spiral.  That ride is an excellent attraction for some guests who aren't into big thrills and it is nice for people just to go up and get a view of the park.  It's just way too hot in that cabin on those hot summer days though. :)

-----------------
-Matt
2001 Magnum Crew

I thought sweating 200 feet in the air was the reason to RIDE that? hehehhe

-------------
"If you don't shut up, I'll have you removed from the park."
MF total - 476 laps
VertiGo Launches - 79
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100

And as long as their working on Space Spiral, why not adjust it so you get more then one revolution at the top. It's not like capacity is an issue.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service