2001 IMAX Flick

Anyone know if it will actually be decent?
It is going to be called "Michael Jordan to the Max". I personally don't find it to be all that great sounding. It is supposed to be "an inspiring tale of a hero, Michael Jordan. His unyielding work ethic, fiery competitive spirit, determination to win and above all else, the class and dignity with which he conducted himself both on and off the courd..." Take that as you will. After you see it, tell me how it was... I'll be in line for Magnum. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Walker
www.americasrollercoast.com
Just what Cleveland natives love, Michael Jordan.
I think I'll skip, I've seen Craig Ehlo hit the floor enough times in my life thank you very much.
Personally, I think you'd see more interesting things in the queue lines, watching the same piece of track for an hour and a half. I'm not knocking Michael Jordan, but I don't care for sports - ah, well, more time for coasting!

-------------
PO!NT OF VIEW - A Different Look at Roller Coasters
http://www.crosswinds.net/~justmayntz/thrills/
Ride the WWW over and cast your VOTE!
I'd love to see Fantasia 2000.

Problems:
Copyrights
Rights to show it
Length

Advantage:
It'd be the first good Imax flick since the original three space movies (everyone's seen them all at least twice. I know i've have)
-------------
-The Pants Has Spoken
"Yellow line? What Yellow Line..."
I haven't seen it yet. We have an IMAX theater in Dearborn, MI. It's about 5 minutes from my house. They just started playing this movie. It's not a special engagement film(3D) so I think the tickets are running around $8.00. The Jordan movie was ending when we were in line. People coming out seemed to enjoy it. I was going to take the kids to see it. I'll wait to see at CP.
Come on people!!! This is Jordon we are talking about. Whether you liked the Bulls or not, this is a man who revolutionized basketball. I know, I am biased by this being from the Chicago area, but take a look at the man who is without question, the best basketball player to ever lace up the shoes. You wont be disappointed by this.
You can't argue that, Jordan will be the greatest ever, on and off the court. Even wannabe's like Kobe can't touch him.

Some other stuff I'm sure hardcore sports fans of C-Town like me would like to see

The New Boston Red Sox, highlighting Pedro and Manny
Art Model- the American Hero
Inside the Atlanta Braves Pitching Staff
John Elway- The Drive (including Eyrnst Byners greatest fumbles)

Actually, that's not bad compared to poor Buffalo. I'm still waiting for the IMAX production of The Life and times of Scott Norwood

Look at it this way...

It's probably the first IMAX film to be shown at Cedar Point in years that doesn't have American Indian chants on the soundtrack.......

(I hope)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
I'm looking forward to skipping this. I can't think of a worse form of torture.
At least they're not charging extra admission to see this 'To The Max' like they did several years ago for 'Rolling Stones: To The Max'

-------------
Scott W. Short
scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com
Hehehehehe...

How about a POV..

Disaster Transport:To The Max
Dick Kinzel: a movie behind the man who said capital improvements existed and then threw it all away for an affair in his office??? Rating: RS
really stupid...I'll shup up now...
I don't think the arguement is about Jordan. Its more like the boring nature of the film everyone is talking about. Come on now, we dont go to thrill parks to see documentaries. We go for thrills.

-------------
Adventuredome Ride Op
MGM Grand Adventures Ride Op
Future CP Ride Op
Joe, I can think of a MUCH worse form of torture:

You could be forced to watch "Extreme" in the Cedar Point Cinema.

At least the Jordan flick ought to be more interesting than *ahem* certain recent shows...!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
Heck no! "Extreme" is far far far more preferable to anything concerning overhyped profesional sports.
How about an unprecedented 4th season of "Speed"?? :)

-------------
Scott W. Short
scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com
At least Speed is enjoyable and takes advantage of the IMAX format :)

-------------
VirtualMidway
http://www.virtualmidway.com
I think To Fly has still had more showings in the Cedar Point Cinema than Speed.

Actually, I thought Speed was fairly decent. But even North of Superior was better than Extreme.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
It would appear that the record belongs to the CP Cinema's first film, Man Belongs to the Earth with three seasons. A handful of others (Speed, Grand Canyon: The Hidden Secrets and The Dream is Alive) had two showings.

I don't mind a repeat if it's a good flick (like all four mentioned above). Many of these films have merchandise available. I wonder if CP has ever thought of an IMAX gift shop?

-------------
VirtualMidway
http://www.virtualmidway.com

*** This post was edited by Gemini on 2/28/2001. ***
Isn't that on video and DVD. I'm pretty sure it is.

-------------
Whats life if you never get to the point?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service