1988 Park Fun Guide

I was going through some old stuff and found a 1988 Park Guide. If someone collects old park guides and would like it they are welcome to have it.

http://imgur.com/a/UAbfr

Last edited by JAC824,

go to www.imgur.com and upload them. Then post the links to them here.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thanks. Link in my original post.

I'm a huge collector of Park Guides. I don't have that year so if you still have it, I'd be glad to take it. Thanks!

Top 5: (1) Superman the Ride (2) Millennium Force (3) Maverick (4) Leviathan (5) Diamondback

This is my heyday right here. This was CP when I was little- Berenstien Bears, cartoony 'You Must Be This Tall To Ride' signs unique to each ride (Man, I miss those), and a shiny brand new Iron Dragon.

That logo font will always be my favorite.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Design-wise, I think that was the strongest logo.

But my favorite will always be this one.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Wow! Iron Dragon looked so much better in the original colors.

Too bad I never got to see that in person.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I agree, Iron Dragon looked a lot better with the original gray & red. It didn't stand out quite so much in the trees.

Also, when did they stop using that Cedar Point logo from the 1988 brochure? As of 2014, they were still using ice buckets with that logo in Hotel Breakers. Were the ice buckets remodeled with the rest of the hotel?

ROUNDABOUND.

They changed the logo in 1994.

^^ Yeah, they were. If I remember right, the rooms have nice, reusable ice buckets now instead of the old flimsy plastic disposable ones. Sadly, though, I think they were the last vestiges of the old logo in the park (though it's still on a few of the directional signs pointing out the route as you get close to Sandusky, I believe.)

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I like the new logo much better, personally.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service