Live Web Cams

Was just looking at the new live web cams and saw the coolest shot I've seen so far. It was looking straight down from atop Power tower. You can watch the "drop down" side and "shoot up" side enjoy their ride!

Pretty cool!!

Love these new cams!!

Last edited by Staaber,

Thanks for the heads up! That is a great view. This hi-def cameras sure are amazing. I like how you can see corkscrew and Iron Dragon in this shot as well.


Cedar Point guest since 1974

just thought it was a cool view. Never seen that one before.

That's awesome!

Makes me wish I was there riding Power Tower though in lieu of sitting at my desk!!!

Coco's avatar

They actually had a different angle of PT last week that was straight down but in between all 4 towers. You could see the people get on and watch all 4 towers. It was pretty cool. I'm loving all the new cam views.

These new cams are awesome! I've been working a lot this year, and only have been to Cedar Point 3, maybe 4 times this year. This helps retain my sanity.

coolkid's avatar

I wonder if these cameras are moved by a person or by remote control? There have been so many views on the cameras that have been great.

I do believe they are motorized and controlled through a simple web portal or desktop application that Tony Clark (amongst others) has access to.

Coco said:
They actually had a different angle of PT last week that was straight down but in between all 4 towers. You could see the people get on and watch all 4 towers. It was pretty cool. I'm loving all the new cam views.

That would have been so cool.....

TTD 120mph's avatar

These cams are the coolest things since sliced bread.


-Adam G-
Former title: Biggest Dragster nerd
Current title: Biggest Sir Rub a Dub's Tubs nerd

In the 2nd stream I can see Millenium's pretzel, with Gemini to the right and Mean Streak behind the pretzel. How do they make it appear that Millenium's lift hill is behind Mean Streak?


This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

TTD 120mph's avatar

lol what? Millennium's lift is to the left, off camera........


-Adam G-
Former title: Biggest Dragster nerd
Current title: Biggest Sir Rub a Dub's Tubs nerd

Paisley's avatar

The new live cam is sweet but if they take down the old ones like it has been suggested they will eventually I'll miss having the guaranteed view of the parking lot that Dragster cam gives. How full the parking lot is can make the difference between going or staying home.

AlexGillman's avatar

The webcams are moved.

Paisley said:
The new live cam is sweet but if they take down the old ones like it has been suggested they will eventually I'll miss having the guaranteed view of the parking lot that Dragster cam gives. How full the parking lot is can make the difference between going or staying home.

That is what I was thinking to. I usually base my decision on how full the lot is base don what I see from this cam!

DSShives's avatar

When in doubt, just go and have a good time. Better to be at CP than to sit at home.


Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Paisley said:
The new live cam is sweet but if they take down the old ones like it has been suggested they will eventually I'll miss having the guaranteed view of the parking lot that Dragster cam gives. How full the parking lot is can make the difference between going or staying home.

Unless the third location is on top of dragster.

TTD 120mph's avatar

^^Except for Halloweekend Saturdays. ;)


-Adam G-
Former title: Biggest Dragster nerd
Current title: Biggest Sir Rub a Dub's Tubs nerd

Thabto's avatar

DSShives said:
When in doubt, just go and have a good time. Better to be at CP than to sit at home.

Not when you spend over 90% of the day waiting in lines.


Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2022, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service